Drowning ~ 6 wk. old Bantie Roo

Quote:
Ducks? Lost ducks due to drowning?
hmm.png

Chickadilly, I see you have miniature horses. They are little buggers aren't they! lol. Next you will find them in your trough trying to pick up the wood or paw at the cinder blocks. lol. I have 9 minis including the foals so we put in automatic waterers so the foals would stay out of the water and now the chickens and cats drink there too and no one can really slip in. If they do they just step out. Water stays fresher too. Just and idea if the wood doesn't work.

Thanks Rhonda for that idea....we will see what happens if they fall in again & if the wood helps. Yeah, those minis are little stinkers! My big horses were to, at least the young ones were....lol

I have a full size horse that will climb in the stock tank. Cracked one last year.
roll.png

I'd be worried the wood would just flip or be too slippery bobbing around for them to climb on. For cats alot of people put a little ledge of wire or wood attached to one half of the tank so the livestock can still drink out of the other half all the way to the bottom of the tank should someone forget to fill it. If a cat or something slips in they just have to make it to the other half of the tank and up on the ledge. You could always put a cinderblock under the edge of it so as the water level drops they have a step. The chickens would also probably sit on it to drink instead of the smooth round lip making it less likely they'd fall in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom