Duane Urch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think everybody should just stop with the whole "Duane's birds aren't really that great." Honestly, if you had over 100 breeds of birds to maintain, hatch, and fill orders while maintaining better than hatchery quality birds yours wouldn't be perfect either.

Now that's what putting words in someone's mouth looks like.

Laura said his birds were awesome. Blueface asked what was awesome about them. Aoccl said they are "adequate size."

I don't believe anyone said what you have in quotes.

You and ki4got both are making excuses for why he's not breeding the "awesome" birds that Laura claimed he was breeding. We still don't have an answer to what makes them "awesome." All we have is a defense of why he has hatchery quality stock.

So is anyone going to answer the actual question? What makes his birds so awesome?

His birds are far from "hatchery quality." The frizzle in my avatar is from him, and guess what? I won Champion Featherlegged and Champion Showman with that bird from him. What makes you say his birds are hatchery quality? Have you ever had any of his birds, or seen any in person? There have been a few that have had some faults from him, and that is true. However, every single one of his birds that I have seen has been far better than hatchery quality.

The question about his stock was in regards to his buckeyes. I am sure that Mr. Urch has some breeds that have a better quality than others. I don't know how anyone could have a "hundred different breeds and keep them all in good shape" That is a quote from someone here. That and that they are "hatchery type", also being a quote. I commend Mr. Urch for keeping buckeyes for over 50 years. Allthough I believe his stock has changed during that time as well. The question that was asked is "What makes his buckeyes so awesome?". I have never seen them. I would like to know. I have seen some buckeyes with Urch and ALBC blood. I wouldn't necessarily call them awesome. So if anyone would like to explain why Urch buckeyes are better or what sets them apart other than that he has bred them for over 50 years, I really would like to know as well. Thank you.

The question about his stock was in regards to his buckeyes. I am sure that Mr. Urch has some breeds that have a better quality than others. I don't know how anyone could have a "hundred different breeds and keep them all in good shape" That is a quote from someone here. That and that they are "hatchery type", also being a quote. I commend Mr. Urch for keeping buckeyes for over 50 years. Allthough I believe his stock has changed during that time as well. The question that was asked is "What makes his buckeyes so awesome?". I have never seen them. I would like to know. I have seen some buckeyes with Urch and ALBC blood. I wouldn't necessarily call them awesome. So if anyone would like to explain why Urch buckeyes are better or what sets them apart other than that he has bred them for over 50 years, I really would like to know as well. Thank you.
Wow, I wish I never said anything about "not getting his buckeyes chicks", that's what started this mess...

1. I have no interest in Buckeyes.
2. Urch got his Buckeyes from Tallman Line a legend from the 1950s and Buckeyes.
3. Go order Buckeyes from a hatchery and see how far it goes in a show. Ye'll get a DQ pretty fast.
4. Since when was this a Buckeye thread? I want Naked Necks from Duane Urch!

Last edited:
re: "awesome birds" , IMO they don't have to be championship quality show birds to be awesome, regardless of breed...

remember, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. so if that person feels she has the best birds in the world, who am i to discourage that?

I think my dorkings are awesome. they may not be the best birds out there, but i'm very pleased with their size and temperament, and wouldn't trade them for all the champion buckeyes in the world.

tho that was one of the breeds on my 'short list' when i started researching LF breeds to keep. I was a bantam cochin girl for YEARS... mostly as a mixed color flock of pets until the last few years when i started breeding.

Duane's birds are all far better IMO than hatchery quality birds, and a very good starting point for many who want to get started with a breed but either can't find better quality stock or can't afford to have adult birds shipped to them.

If we are arguing over "awesome" vs "much better than hatchery quality" vs "show quality"

THEN GET A LIFE

If we are arguing over "awesome" vs "much better than hatchery quality" vs "show quality"

THEN GET A LIFE
clap.gif

THEN GET A LIFE
regardless of what you're looking for, it all boils down to personal opinion... even at shows, that judge is there to give his OPINION of which bird is best. and that opinion may vary considerably between judges even.

so it all boils down to this. make up your own mind about what you want, and go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom