Dubbing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cockerels don't have to be dubbed until November; showing the bird earlier in the year than that doesn't require that it be dubbed.

And actually you CAN show undubbed cocks (or cockerels after November)--but they'll be DQed.

I dont dub my OEGB's because I think they are way prettier with the comb and wattles. Also frostbite is not a concern in Louisiana. But it is required for showing, and it is silly to assume that it hurts the birds. I have seen it done, and it is back to normal activity in 5 minutes. Why do people think they have to come on here and bash a practice they know nothing about?
somad.gif

Quote:
Well said imfowl. And if you dont dub your birds and you think they look better undubbed. Thats your decision. They are your birds. And i respect that.......after all if we all liked the same things there would'nt be but one kind of chicken now would they:D

And why would you want to go to the trouble of hauling an undubbed bird to a show and entering it knowing that it was an automatic D.Q.????

I don't know. But they could if they chose. If someone wants to dub their birds, it is fine by me, but I am picky about semantics.​

Quote:
I don't know. But they could if they chose. If someone wants to dub their birds, it is fine by me, but I am picky about semantics.

Now were not making any sense here.......as far as that goes you can enter about any kind of bird in the oegb shows but you will be DQ'ED

The word "can't" means that something is impossible. It is not impossible to enter an undubbed bird in a show. A correct statement would be that it would be DQed.

Like I said, I'm picky about semantics--it is the backbone of communication. If I don't say something accurately, then I shouldn't expect that it will be understood--I can hope, but not expect.

I suppose a reason someone might choose to enter an undubbed gamecock would be to exhibit it in its natural state or to make a statement. Or maybe they don't know the rule.

There was no specific mention of OEGB Shows; I wasn't even aware that there were ones--all the poultry shows I've been to have had many breeds of chickens and often other poultry, waterfowl and gamebirds. Some have pigeons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom