d'Uccle Cult

Pics
Got home just in time!!! Luckily everyone was hiding and all the pens are covered, the main coop hadn't been let out yet. My coloured egg pen had been free ranging and were under the tree until they saw me 🤦🏽‍♀️ A bag of feed had them running into the coop right away thankfully

727D2A55-5683-4B67-BC55-AD11EE9BE02A.jpeg

Sorry yall just got back from a week vacation and had to photo bomb u of the girlees!
They will be 15 weeks old Monday! OMGeeze I didn't realize they are that old already!?!
Those of you with several just a like how do you learn to tell them apart?! I don't like the ankle thingies and their "flowers" are coming in and changing their looks somewhat....especially now that their faces are redding up!

Attachments

• 20220819_100828.jpg
    20220819_100828.jpg
    588.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 20220819_100746.jpg
    20220819_100746.jpg
    774.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220819_100748.jpg
    20220819_100748.jpg
    442.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220819_100728.jpg
    20220819_100728.jpg
    502.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220819_100741.jpg
    20220819_100741.jpg
    564.8 KB · Views: 1
I was tucking the chickies in last night and started at the main laying coop. We let everyone out to free range a bit before bed (I prefer to keep an eye on the bantams, the big chickies stay out all day) and it’s never been an issue with them cooping up when it gets dark. Poor lil Fleur must have gotten lost and I found her snuggled in a stray nesting bin with the big girls 🥺 I popped her back in the banty coop after some snuggles

Last edited:
I've seen on byc in other places where a chickens comb should not be pale.
I've only ever had Satins n Silkies...so my first time with regular combs is with the d'uccles.
They are about 4 months old now and literally within minutes their combs can be bright red then turn back pale pink.
Is this normal?
They act normally in every other way.

I've seen on byc in other places where a chickens comb should not be pale.
I've only ever had Satins n Silkies...so my first time with regular combs is with the d'uccles.
They are about 4 months old now and literally within minutes their combs can be bright red then turn back pale pink.
Is this normal?
They act normally in every other way.
Anytime my birds get stressed out their comb and wattles get more red. The adrenaline I think can make them color up temporarily. Totally normal 🙃

I’ve been so sad about Calla and Lily I haven’t been on this thread in awhile. I miss their sweet little faces every day 😢😢 Millie is just so pretty, but I got her at an age where my love and attention aren’t enough for her to be friendly with me. She is gorgeous though 😍

View attachment 3243206
I'm so sorry...we miss you but I can't imagine the ache your have!
Millie is gorgeous!!! I really regret not getting a mille fleur d'uccle...my three porcelains are all so very much the same except for voices!
But lil China is a mille fleur cochin if she'll ever get all her feathers in! Absolutely insane how delayed she's been!

I'm so sorry...we miss you but I can't imagine the ache your have!
Millie is gorgeous!!! I really regret not getting a mille fleur d'uccle...my three porcelains are all so very much the same except for voices!
But lil China is a mille fleur cochin if she'll ever get all her feathers in! Absolutely insane how delayed she's been!
I would love a MF Cochin! That pattern on a big ball of Cochin chicken would just be so pretty 😍 Someday! 😁

Back
Top Bottom