d'Uccle Cult

Pics
My porcelain rooster considers himself to be a formidable bully unless he is trying to avoid being picked up. He thinks most human actions must be a trick that will result in being picked up, so generally he just keeps a suspicious eye out. If he does try to be a bully about something, I naturally conclude that he must want to be picked up. Teeheehee

My porcelain rooster considers himself to be a formidable bully unless he is trying to avoid being picked up. He thinks most human actions must be a trick that will result in being picked up, so generally he just keeps a suspicious eye out. If he does try to be a bully about something, I naturally conclude that he must want to be picked up. Teeheehee
Funny, mine aren’t friendly like that, but they aren’t aggressive either. Pretty much indifferent to me coming in and out of the pen. The moms are definitely aggressively protective of babies though! Lol
Oh look at those pretty ladies!! 😍😍
Thanks! I love them. Those babies are about 8 weeks old now. They are funny, half of them go thru the fence and spend most of the day in the pen with my pigeons! :lol:
F4FF1869-66C6-483C-9AB6-9380D9BE5A71.jpeg

The d'uccles on the other side of the fence look like they definitely want to get in with those pigeons! 😍

My rooster really is pretty indifferent too, he just gets occasionally niffed at unfamiliar objects rustling close to his flock or person. It's all understandable. What he can't understand is why it is so tempting to pick him up. It's tough for him - being small and cute - when all he wants is to be taken seriously.

Funny, mine aren’t friendly like that, but they aren’t aggressive either. Pretty much indifferent to me coming in and out of the pen. The moms are definitely aggressively protective of babies though! Lol

Thanks! I love them. Those babies are about 8 weeks old now. They are funny, half of them go thru the fence and spend most of the day in the pen with my pigeons! :lol:
View attachment 3255784
Those pigeons are beautiful!! 😍😍 I’d wanna hang with them too! ❤️

Those look almost like porcelains! I think @TwistedTayy has blues, they might be able to say! So cute!
They could be blue Mille fleurs. I believe those genes require golden neck to make them. I was just recently talking to @Amer about this. I personally don’t have blue Mille fleur myself. Mine are blue silver.

246CC080-32F1-4ACE-B87A-5E1580B7786A.jpeg

Left is a light blue silver (with extreme leakage), middle is a blue silver and right is a silver. All young cockerels but a blue Mille fleur will have blue where these guys do and show Mille fleur everywhere else.

19814DA6-5EC3-482E-B8A5-059C697D75E9.jpeg

Darker one here is a blue silver pullet as a baby.

I'm at 50 percent duccl3es. My other roo was chasing people. Love my handsome man who's left though
Must see pics!!! I just luv em!
So, my gold hens started laying again so I decided to set a few eggs. I set 7 in my Brinsea Mini, and all 7 hatched!
I ended up with what I think is 2 blue mille fleur, 4 golden neck, and the last one is mostly blue, so maybe porcelain.
So someone is carrying a blue gene.
I’m kind of amazed at the variety of the baby colors. Anxious to see them grow out.
Here are the adults (one small pullet in the back that the hens hatch earlier this spring)
View attachment 3255670View attachment 3255671

And here are the babies! Anybody have any Blue Mille Fleurs?
View attachment 3255673View attachment 3255674View attachment 3255675View attachment 3255676
OMGeeze they are so stinkin adorable!
I have a separate pen of porcelains. Their feathers stay solid blue for a while, so it will depend when this new one grows out if it shows the spangling or not. Maybe I can go back thru some pics for comparison at the same age.
View attachment 3255765View attachment 3255766
Agh!!! I cannot wait til mine fill out more and can have some babies!!!
Though I don't need another roo!!!

They could be blue Mille fleurs. I believe those genes require golden neck to make them. I was just recently talking to @Amer about this. I personally don’t have blue Mille fleur myself. Mine are blue silver.

View attachment 3255949
Left is a light blue silver (with extreme leakage), middle is a blue silver and right is a silver. All young cockerels but a blue Mille fleur will have blue where these guys do and show Mille fleur everywhere else.

View attachment 3255950
Darker one here is a blue silver pullet as a baby.
I had no idea they came in so many colors!!! Beautiful!

Chatty and Cathy are very friendly! Gabby could care less bout anyone or anything unless there is a treat. Then she can't help herself but she is like queen bee...look but don't touch! She's almost the most gorgeous in coloring thus far!
Chatty is my little eager beaver and seeks out my lil bantam cochin roo and bullies him to death! She's so rough when eating treats my grandson will not feed em to her anymore! They always act like they are starving lol!

Back
Top Bottom