D'uccle Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by muscovy94, Nov 21, 2009.

1. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    Quote:i personaly like the 2nd pic

2. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    Quote:Beautiful! He could almost be a twin to my Mr. Bojangles! [​IMG]

3. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Quote:[​IMG] Good for her!! D'Uccles will win you over every time [​IMG]

You'll have to see if she'll take some pictures that you can share!!

I love it when my birds go to a home with kids.
    Right now I have a very young pullet that greets me at the brooder door, and I'm afraid I'm spoiling her because I let her ride on me as I clean and refill the waterer. I hope she still loves me next week when she graduates to the brooder with no supplemental heat....

4. wegotchickens

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    I posted my quad of goldnecks for sale. If I could add another pen, I'd keep them. But I can't and I really want another pen of millies. Once the goldnecks are sold, I will focus on mf, black and self-blue.

I have a few mf cockerals for sale, and will have a couple of POL pullets for sale as soon as I make up my mind about them. I know someone has to go, to make the numbers more winter-manageable, but I'd rather keep them all [​IMG]
    Any that don't presell for Crossroads will go with me to the Nov & Dec shows. Hard to sell based on photographs, but they sell pretty quickly in person. The Dec sale is GA, and a bantam show, so there will be a good audience.

I wish I could afford sale space at Crossroads, though....

5. CrestedGirl

CrestedGirl Polish Obsessed

Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Here are my 2 week old chicks under mama.
    [​IMG]

6. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    they are so cute!!!!!

7. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    Quote:Hate to say it but I can always use more girls. [​IMG]
    Are you coming to the Clemson SC show in Nov.?

BTW, love that little white girl Janelle brought me. Absolutely love her! And she is very smart!

[​IMG]

Right now I have her in with my Booted Bantam GN, Toby. They both needed a friend.

[​IMG]

I am not sure if I will hatch from them or not. Since he is BB and she is d'Uccle the kids would likely have beards, muffs and wattles. Not really the standard but I bet they would be cute and sweet!

I would really love to gt some creams but I have too many pens to care for now. It wears me out to move tractors, feed and water, collect eggs and keep the brooders cleaned up. I may be woman but I am a darn tired one![​IMG]

8. wegotchickens

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Quote:Right now the only Nov show I know I'm doing is in Cocke Co TN, the Something to Crow About show. It's a d'Uccle state meet [​IMG]

Yes, that little girl is very smart, but also sooo pretty. It was hard letting the whites go, but it did make life easier, which is why I'm ready to let go of the goldnecks. I love them, but so will someone else, and I'll have more space for millies and lavenders and black.

With your boy, you will have leaks both ways, so that there will be muffs and beards, but not as nice. There were booted bantams at the TVA fair show this past September. If I can find the owners name I'll let you know. She only had milies, but she sold some and mille x goldneck would be a nice cross, and preserve your BB features. And the white girl wouldn't mind going into the goldneck quad since she lived with them for a while [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  9. Gresh

Gresh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    North Carolina
    Quote:Nice [​IMG] Bilbo is a pretty rooster, get him some girls and breed him!

Yeah, I've thought about breeding, but I currently am considering starting a breeding project for a very rare and endangered breed, the Kraienkoppe. We have a female White d'Uccle, but she had Necrotic Enteritis when she was younger and at eight or so months she has still not laid any eggs [​IMG]

10. Gresh

Gresh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    North Carolina
    Quote:Beautiful! He could almost be a twin to my Mr. Bojangles! [​IMG]

Haha, Bojangles is a cute name! Do you have a picture of Mr. Bojangles that I could see?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by