D'uccle Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by muscovy94, Nov 21, 2009.

1. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

Wanted to share my beautiful mutt color boy. he is Mille Fleur X Black Mottled. His name is Romeo. Such a handsome looker!

and one of my MF hens Pheonix she is atleast 18 months old, I have had her for 10 months and they were sold to me as a near 1 year old bird.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  2. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    What a gorgeous MF hen! If mine would stand around like that I might want more of the MF coloring.

3. ScaredOfShadows

Quote:I'm actually selling all my d'uccles, or atleast going to try. if you like her, are you going to Morganton Saturday? If so I plan to bring her and her hubby [​IMG]

4. springsrun

springsrun Out Of The Brooder

Aug 2, 2011
    Fauquier County, VA
    I wish you were closer! I am looking for two more nice MF d'Uccle hens. I am in northern VA. :-( Your hen is lovely!!

5. NateinFL

NateinFL Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2009
    Wesley Chapel FL
    Quote:I'm actually selling all my d'uccles, or atleast going to try. if you like her, are you going to Morganton Saturday? If so I plan to bring her and her hubby [​IMG]

Why are u selling them?

6. springsrun

springsrun Out Of The Brooder

Aug 2, 2011
    Fauquier County, VA
    Any chance you might be headed up to the VPBA Fall Show in Doswell, VA in November? Would love to take this pretty hen off your hands.

7. ScaredOfShadows

I am not that attached to them, they refuse to stay penned and I am afraid they're adventurous nature is going to get them killed, already lost one to a dog. Its not easy for me to top their pen, and honestly I have too many birds, need to make room and downsize on breeds. SO I decided to sell the newest bantam breed. [​IMG] I hate to do it, I love them, they are so beautiful. I have a trio of MFs and a quad of the Mottled crosses. The pullets of the MottledXMF look just like mottleds except for the barest bit of gold leak in the neck. The roo - Romeo as you see picture has a bunch of red, and he is just a heart throb. [​IMG]

I do not plan to go to the VA show. Semora is right on the VA, I'm like 20 minutes from Danville VA for reference Springrun

One of the mottled cross girls - barest gold leak in hackles, only see it up close.

[​IMG]

nother picture of the MF X Mottled Roo

[​IMG]

The other MF girl - this is a young pullet, point of lay

[​IMG]

The Mille Fleur Rooster - he is a real skittish fellow. but he's feisty, he is all bowed up and strutting for his hen when I took this picture

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  8. milliefleur

milliefleur Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    Danville PA
    i know that this is something i should be asking on the incubator and hatching forum but i did and only got a responce that didn't help me it just was saying that they had the same problem and didn't say how they fixed it or not and how. so is there someone who could help me or give me what they might to or something please. i am hatching out mille fleur pynchoen and mille fluer d'uccle and different colors of oegb eggs, when i first started i was having a tuff time. things were getting better and i am still hatching about 65-75% of the eggs which is a hug inprovement from a few months ago. but i had a problem yesterday with two of the eggs. one wouldn't have hatched out if i didn't help the out or inner shell membrane got hard the peep could get out. it was stuck to its leg and parts of his body. the other one never hatch fully. i notice that the peep was working on it but didn't get to far. when i opened the door to get the peeps out i went to pick up the egg and the shell stuck to the paper towels in the hatch tray and the inner or out membrane was hard and the peep never tryed to break through it. my humidity is at 80% when i hatch. could it be the paper towels drying out the eggs? anyone have a idea what i might be or what i can do to change it? so could someone please help me a little.[​IMG]

9. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    Quote:this is my first hatch ever due the 8th but it does sound like its the paper towels drying them out. you could try and put the paper towels under the wire or what ever your eggs sit on instead and use a jar with a sponge or something else to help provide the humidity you want. again i have never hatched until now and this is just a suggestion

10. Jloeffler

Jloeffler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2011
    Northeast NC
    I put folded wire netting in the bottom of mine, but it's a homemade bator. I also line or top that with that anti skid drawer liner. I use sponges for humidity as well as sometimes a cup of hot water if something causes my humidity to drop and I need a quick boost. The non skid material is cheap, I get it from the dollar store, has small drainage holes in it, and provides traction for newly hatched chicks. I've also used cupcake papers. They are the perfect size to collect goo from hatching and the chicks can get out of them fairly easy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by