D'uccle Thread

So now my all black babies are getting red in them. Some what like a Mille but reversed. I have been trying to get a good picture of the one I still think could be a Blue Mille boy, but he is shy. I got not one Mille with any of the 3 broodies, all their chicks are either Blue Mottled or Black, even though I have only one Blue Mottled hen and 2 Mille. Still holding out hope for Mille's with two more hens. I love to watch these moms with these little babies.

I have a genetics question that is slightly irrelevant. Everyone here seems more educated about chicken breeding than I, so I thought maybe someone could help me.

I am not a breeder but my Millie booted bantam hatched some chicks this spring. I ended up with a chicken that has Millie feathers, long white legs, lightly feathered legs, and looks very "gamey". Her mom was the Millie for sure, but I don't have any roosters with white legs, they are either slate or yellow all the way. Any idea what gave her the long white legs?

I have a genetics question that is slightly irrelevant. Everyone here seems more educated about chicken breeding than I, so I thought maybe someone could help me.

I am not a breeder but my Millie booted bantam hatched some chicks this spring. I ended up with a chicken that has Millie feathers, long white legs, lightly feathered legs, and looks very "gamey". Her mom was the Millie for sure, but I don't have any roosters with white legs, they are either slate or yellow all the way. Any idea what gave her the long white legs?
i dont know sorry

I love the vine there Moonchild. I always wanted to do something like that for my goats, although I'm sure they would just eat them...
idunno.gif
...goats...

The d'Uccles Habitat is really looking good with the gourd vine covering it. Plus they love to hide under it during the sunny times of the day.

I didn't even think of using the gourd vines
thumbsup.gif
My layer coop gets a lot of sun all morning, this year, the scratch I threw out there all spring started to grow, I left it, Most are over 6 ft tell, but it does give my birds hiding places, shade, seed, bugs, I also have 3 hens with clutches and gives the babies plenty of hiding places. I think I will try the vine, I think another thing that might work also, would be trumpet vine which would also be pretty.

I didn't even think of using the gourd vines
thumbsup.gif
My layer coop gets a lot of sun all morning, this year, the scratch I threw out there all spring started to grow, I left it, Most are over 6 ft tell, but it does give my birds hiding places, shade, seed, bugs, I also have 3 hens with clutches and gives the babies plenty of hiding places. I think I will try the vine, I think another thing that might work also, would be trumpet vine which would also be pretty.
Thanks! Hey do alittle research to make sure Trumpet vine isn't poisonous...Cause I was gonna do MoonFlowers cause they grow fast and have huge beauitful white flowers at night, but their seeds are highly poisonous. And MoonFlowers and Morning Glories are in the same family so I didn't do those either.

Back
Top Bottom