D'uccle Thread

I hope you don't have an infest where they are crawling on your arms
ep.gif
The thought is grossing me out.

Thank you!!! I thought it was cute, and her boy friend's name is Spice, they are kind of fall themed names!
Cool! It must be awesome not having to yell each name... LOL
Well, it all depends on their age. If their young, I would say post another pic next month- it takes an especially long time for d'UCCLES in general to develop their pattern.
smile.png
I have a "Spicey" lol!

You do realize what golden neck is, don't you? It's mille fleur plus dominant white or splash (to replace black with white), turning the bird into a golden bird with white mottles. They were APA recognized in 1996; not sure what year ABA recognized them. Here are some photos of nice golden necks: from an Australian breeder: from feathersite:
Like I said, I have not seen a Golden neck and I would say she is a young bird-she needs more time. d'UCCLES take a long time to develop feather patterns.

You are not kidding. I keep getting nervous that they aren't feathering right, then boom one day you walk out there and they have changed into little beauties

Quote:Originally Posted by mstricer Don't matter if it's a few or a ton. I have a thick lot of hair. They are attracted to it unfortunately. That's why i'm so vigilant! (The human kind too, i'm not one to share clothes or hairbrushes for this reason.......)

The "new" girls unfortunately haven't been mine for the last year, so the poor things have nits and all, so it will be a bit before i feel good about picking them up and hugging on them. Fortunately for us both everyone is shedding their old coats, so they truly do get a fresh start! :) Mine just got a few stragglers off them, not anything more than an annoyance. Would have liked to kept them separate while treating, but i didn't have another predator safe place and it's gotten really bad for some reason here.

I'm so happy right now! The little roo-let from my pet roo is looking more and more like his daddy every day. Personality wise too! I really, really need to get batteries for my camera. Daddy roo still has a rolled comb though. :( I'm gonna ask around on other threads about this thing.

Wow - she looks like a totally different hen.

What great pictures to show the growth of white. I know my Millies will trend the same way. :)

Back
Top Bottom