D'uccle Thread

You get a Golden Neck/Mille Fleur, unfortunately, most chicken breeds/varieties can't be formed by crossing two other birds (as long as they are purebred).

You mean you'd get some golden neck chicks and some mille fleur, or do you mean that the chicks would all have some golden neck characteristics and some mille fleur characteristics?

I'm just curious because I've only ever had mille fleurs, but I now have some golden necks, and I just wondered if I would get some weird color combinations, or not.

You mean you'd get some golden neck chicks and some mille fleur, or do you mean that the chicks would all have some golden neck characteristics and some mille fleur characteristics?

I'm just curious because I've only ever had mille fleurs, but I now have some golden necks, and I just wondered if I would get some weird color combinations, or not.
They would get some characteristics from both varieties--so they would not be any specific variety.

Hi! This is Ruben. He's 5 weeks yesterday

You get a Golden Neck/Mille Fleur, unfortunately, most chicken breeds/varieties can't be formed by crossing two other birds (as long as they are purebred).

Actually, Golden Neck is one of the few colors that can be bred with Mille Fleur for pure colored chicks as true Golden Neck is esstentially just the dominant white gene added to a Mille Fleur colored bird.

Mille Fleur crossed to homozygous Golden Neck = 100% Golden Neck chicks
Mille Fleur crossed to heterozygous Golden Neck = 50% Golden Neck, 50% Mille Fleur chicks

I agree.. Do you have a rooster? chickens are very sensitive when they are molting so it's possible that your hen may be trying to avoid him, and your other birds, and just want to keep to yourself. As long as she is healthy, and in good condition, I would just keep an eye on her. Hopefully she will be back to normal as soon as she is finished. :)

Some chickens tend to molt very fast, which can put a lot of stress on the bird. But, she should be fine :)
bood to hear! Sounds grows but she even has the broody poo going ! That's how little she has left the roost. Even while all other 15+ range. I made her get off yesterday ! Took her to the side and fed her a bunch of seeds. Her comb is becoming pail/ white. I guess I'll wait out the 21 days and hope she snaps out of it! Thank you so much everyone! As we all know this is a wonderful breed!!

Back
Top Bottom