D'uccle Thread

Where do people get d'uccles like this?
IMG_7488.jpg

IMG_7467.jpg

I've heard and seen around the internet in pictures that there are black d'uccles and white d'uccles as well, but I've only been able to find mille fleur and porcelain. Where do people get these other colors?

I don't notice and breeders or shows anywhere even close to me. I envy the east coast. ;_;
I went to a county fair yesterday in Columbus KS, and saw a white d'uccle with dark spots. I couldn't find anyone to ask about it, this was a 4H show.
I'm sure you can find county fairs, and there is surely a state fair, tho I don't where they hold it in CA.

4-H students where I live don't really do chickens (too boring I've been told, though I hope to change that as all we generally have around here are super common breeds and hybrids). Lots of cows, sheep, and rabbits.

I'll keep on looking. Thanks though.

4-H students where I live don't really do chickens (too boring I've been told, though I hope to change that as all we generally have around here are super common breeds and hybrids). Lots of cows, sheep, and rabbits.

I'll keep on looking. Thanks though.
Our county doesn't have any poultry exhibits either...We found counties all around us that did by looking up the livestock schedules. I saw several breeds of bantams that I'd never heard of at this tiny fair in KS.....
BTW, the CA state fair is going on right now, thru the weekend, in Sacramento. I don't know if that's too far for you or what days the poultry exhibit is held. But I bet they have every breed/ and color variation of chicken....

Our county doesn't have any poultry exhibits either...We found counties all around us that did by looking up the livestock schedules. I saw several breeds of bantams that I'd never heard of at this tiny fair in KS.....
BTW, the CA state fair is going on right now, thru the weekend, in Sacramento. I don't know if that's too far for you or what days the poultry exhibit is held. But I bet they have every breed/ and color variation of chicken....

Yeah, it is fairly far. About 6 hours. Also, too much going on right now to make long trips. Thanks for mentioning it though. Perhaps another year I'll go.

Back
Top Bottom