D'uccle Thread

Quote:
Unless the pic is not true to color, she looks more dun than cream or buff, GC.

Now, how about my newbies. I know I have 2 whites, but do you think the other is looking porcelain? And the mottled babe is getting white feathers and either blue or black feathers!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/2952_100_8408.jpg

BTW, I still have trouble with Henks, too. Lately I've been using it more to understand what I got, rather to predict what I'll get, if that makes sense....

I agree w/Spook...porcelain chick. The babies are all adorable makes me want to
hugs.gif
and kiss em! Not nice to do that to an old lady this early in the morning WGC! Shame on you
tongue.gif
LOL.

I did have quite a bit of light on her so the color do look a bit more dun. She's lighter in person, not that dark. I'll see if I can get some better pics of her back and wings later today and you can re-look them over
fl.gif
she is butterscotch or cream. I want to put her in w/WC and see what they produce.

been lurking here just a few days.........I have some Faverolles currently but have just "discovered" these great birds. (Well I knew of them but......) Any thoughts on Mcmurray
as far as hatchery stock? I would like to have some, but am a novice here.
jumpy.gif

Quote:
Well, where are you located, and do you incubate? There are some really awesome breeders on this thread who's stock goes way beyond hatchery level. As far as Mcmurray, they are a very reputable hatchery and I've heard good things about them. Personally, I prefer breeder over hatchery, but that's just me. If we didn't breed for show potential stock and just had a backyard flock, I wouldn't hesitate to order from them.

Quote:
Well, where are you located, and do you incubate? There are some really awesome breeders on this thread who's stock goes way beyond hatchery level. As far as Mcmurray, they are a very reputable hatchery and I've heard good things about them. Personally, I prefer breeder over hatchery, but that's just me. If we didn't breed for show potential stock and just had a backyard flock, I wouldn't hesitate to order from them.

Thanks for your answer! I am in Virginia. (central) and yes I can incubate. That's what I was wondering. I don't show and won't for a while! but would still like nice birds.

Quote:

Thanks for your answer! I am in Virginia. (central) and yes I can incubate. That's what I was wondering. I don't show and won't for a while! but would still like nice birds.

For a while??? Does that mean you might in the future? If you even think you MIGHT want to show, go with breeder stock, Lori (wegotchickens) has awesome stock!

Yes, Celtic Hill has a list of breeders offered, just look at the link that is on lower part of the box. There are a lot of breeders in the world that are wonderful stock. You can also find interesting informations from "Belgian Bearded Booted D'uccle" clubs web page.

I hope that isn't a no no by offering another club. BYC is really an awesome place! Next year I'll work on bringing in SQ D'uccle IF my roo and gals cooperate.

Glad the D's are inside over the next couple days, its supposed to be dangerously cold. Not saying anything against you Canadians, don't know how you do it. I did turn a 60 watt bulb on in the layer house, the roosters are rooming together and don't want their combs to freeze. Its the first time I've done any such thing. Placed the bant.Cochins in a smaller hutch less room, hold in warmth.

With you that have multiple types of birds and some terrible weather, how do you keep the D'uccle combs from freezing? This little guy that I have has a large comb compared to the gals, and it would concern me in further north areas.

Hi,

I have not read the entire thread, but I will. Does anyone know of any Millies breeders in No. Cal. ? I got some Mille eggs as extras and only one hatched. Luckily, she has two really big Orpington's she was hatched with. But I am worried that the other hens will hurt her. Right now she is in the "Nursery" pen.

Looking for a couple of friends for her. Just for fun, not show quality.

Thanks!

Spook, so i totally forgot i had the breeders directory!!! lmao! Any new breeders amongst our thread that need to be added?!?!?!

So today I was talking with a master breeder for Cochins and Modern Games, He was very honest with me and said i could have the best Bantam D'uccle in the world and the chances of getting best Feather leg is very slim.... I feel like it make sense. What are people's thoughts on that?

-Ian

Back
Top Bottom