D'uccle Thread

Quote:
These to me look like booted bantams, not d'Uccles. The hen definitely doesn't have muffs or a beard and the roo doesn't look like he does either. They are very beautiful though!

Quote:
He does look like a very poorly marked Gold Neck. Where did you get him? He could also be a buff mottled.

Quote:
Goldneck, poorly marked so far, but give him time.

AC, your Midas looked a lot like this little guy when he was younger
wink.png

I'd put him at about 9 weeks, and am guessing a child bought him at the GA show on the 15th?

Quote:
He does look like a very poorly marked Gold Neck. Where did you get him? He could also be a buff mottled.

If he's who I think he is, he does carry the gene for buff mottled.

Quote:
Goldneck, poorly marked so far, but give him time.

AC, your Midas looked a lot like this little guy when he was younger
wink.png

I'd put him at about 9 weeks, and am guessing a child bought him at the GA show on the 15th?

Yup, and we bought him from her, along with a lil black/goldish silkie. Hmmm...was he yours at the begining of the morning?
lol.png

He's very much spoiled
love.gif
We're absolutely smitten with him!

I figured he was somewheres around 6-7ish weeks when we bought him
hu.gif

Quote:
These to me look like booted bantams, not d'Uccles. The hen definitely doesn't have muffs or a beard and the roo doesn't look like he does either. They are very beautiful though!

The female's face has been plucked around the come and under her beak, she might not have one, she may be a booted, but the roo definately has a beard, the all that light color on the first pic? Is beard, doesn't show up well in those pictures.

Quote:
Yup, and we bought him from her, along with a lil black/goldish silkie. Hmmm...was he yours at the begining of the morning?
lol.png

He's very much spoiled
love.gif

hu.gif

He's one of the cockerals I sold at that show, so yes the little girl got him from me, and the silkie chick as well. The silkie's parents are both dark partridge, so I'm thinking you'll see more gold on it later.

The cockeral you posted is from Midas (sired before he went to live with AC), but I'm not sure which hen was the mother. So there's no telling if he will be SQ or not when he grows up. He hatched before Thanksgiving. Glad he went to a home where he's loved and spoiled. That's the hardest part of selling chicks; You want them to go to good homes but you can't guarantee anything.

Okay.....so I did get the breeder data base. Thank you. Couldn't click on the links thought. Any breeders in Virginia?????

Quote:
lol.png

He's very much spoiled
love.gif

hu.gif

He's one of the cockerals I sold at that show, so yes the little girl got him from me, and the silkie chick as well. The silkie's parents are both dark partridge, so I'm thinking you'll see more gold on it later.

The cockeral you posted is from Midas (sired before he went to live with AC), but I'm not sure which hen was the mother. So there's no telling if he will be SQ or not when he grows up. He hatched before Thanksgiving. Glad he went to a home where he's loved and spoiled. That's the hardest part of selling chicks; You want them to go to good homes but you can't guarantee anything.

Ahh ok, that was kind of what I was thinkin on the Silkie.

We named em Coffee (silkie) and Creampuff (D'uccle) SQ isn't a biggie, he's gorgeous to us
wink.png
... they was a gift for my Daughter, instead of blue silkies, and will live a long, loved life here
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom