D'uccle Thread

sorry needed to see him better...he's got to much white on him already in the chest area, leg feathering looks great, not enough white on the tail as each tail feather should have white on the tips, to me the beard needs a bit more filling out to do, wattles right now are good...imo

Do you mean on his show potential?
Yes, I'm sorry I should have said that.

sorry needed to see him better...he's got to much white on him already in the chest area, leg feathering looks great, not enough white on the tail as each tail feather should have white on the tips, to me the beard needs a bit more filling out to do, wattles right now are good...imo
Okay, thank you very much! His white tips on his tails are just now coming out, a month ago they were not there at all. lol. Will he still be okay breed quality since he's not show quality?

Yes, I'm sorry I should have said that.
Okay, thank you very much! His white tips on his tails are just now coming out, a month ago they were not there at all. lol. Will he still be okay breed quality since he's not show quality?
if you breed him to a pullet/hen that has very little white you can counter the execive white that's one him. if you are wanting to improve choose one or 2 things to work on at a time.

yes he's more pet quality but like i said above if your willing to work on his flaws he may just turn out to be a great dad

mommyto3kiddos--

All of mine took a year--that final molt--to show the white tips on the tail and wing feathers, so I'd hold on for that. I'd be a little more concerned about all of the black leakage in the neck and try to find a girlfriend to counterbalance that as well. He's a pretty little guy, nice comb. :)

You never know, if he has a little more time to fill out he might be prettier (he already is, but more show quality). I had one Millie Fleur Booted Bantam that was never anything special. She is two now and looks gorgeous. It was the same with my Porcelain d'Uccles; she never was very pretty until she was about 2. My avatar is a picture of her when she was two. It took awhile for all of the blue and white to come in; I am noticing more and more everyday on my pullet to. I think Millie Fleurs and Porcelains tend to get prettier with age.

You never know, if he has a little more time to fill out he might be prettier (he already is, but more show quality). I had one Millie Fleur Booted Bantam that was never anything special. She is two now and looks gorgeous. It was the same with my Porcelain d'Uccles; she never was very pretty until she was about 2. My avatar is a picture of her when she was two. It took awhile for all of the blue and white to come in; I am noticing more and more everyday on my pullet to. I think Millie Fleurs and Porcelains tend to get prettier with age.
they also get more white as they age
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom