Duck Addicts Anonymous (DAA)

Do you have too many ducks?

• Total voters
Easily pleased.
Low spot in my yard has a drain that goes under the road, but a drain on our side was filling it faster than the drain could keep up, so the gang got a nice long (cold) swim today.
E5E339D8-6530-4068-90BD-4842ED51A044.jpeg
9DB3ED01-6B9A-4657-A813-464028CEE435.jpeg

Am I the only one that always has a story of some kind going with any pictures? This happened the other day. I usually dump and fill pools in the morning, but they'll usually play in yesterday's pool water while I'm letting the other chickens and ducks out for the day. Obviously I didn't check the weather and everyone had frozen water. The temps were going up quickly so I didn't think there'd be any problems....... I came back to change their water and found this.

Paisley and Tulley: What the heck is going on here? This isn't normal.
View attachment 2980861
Lylah: Morning Mom, do you see this dumb dumb?
View attachment 2980858
Faith: Well, sh*t! I wasn't expecting this..... Anybody going help me or am I going to freeze my weebies off?
View attachment 2980860

Yes, I admit that I need a life outside of my ducks and chickens 🤣🤣🤣
They turned out gorgeous! :love

Today I lost 2 beautiful ducks. While I was at school and the ducks were free ranging a fox came along and took 2. Of course the ducks were taken and not the drakes I'm having to cull :th . One of them was a young girl who would've been starting to lay soon. The second was the saddest. She was the mama duck who laid almost as much as chooks do. She has laid 2 clutches with 20 odd eggs in each, hatched out one of the clutches (11 ducklings hatched from her clutch and she looked after them all so well), laid all the other eggs I grabbed and was still laying. I don't know how she done it. She was my sister's favorite.

This is her and her 11 babies last yearView attachment 2980991
Sorry, I'm a bit upset tonight. Thought you guys would understand. That's just the part of having animals I do not like.
So sorry for your losses. She was gorgeous. :hit:hugs

@FunnyfarmMidwest haven't seen any recent cute pictures of your ducklings. How are they doing?
Thank you for asking! Sorry I’ve been so busy lately… :barnie

But I’m back and here is some pics of the older babies after their swim. The calls are all doing great: :D
A8E28584-81FF-4234-A543-173B6AE59B6E.jpeg
2EF32A4C-FE48-4B4D-8503-BB449E21D5A8.jpeg

Here’s the new babies that just hatched:
4F22EB69-AA8A-4373-92FA-91A120768C3A.jpeg
D3CF2088-A3FB-4386-9045-392F234D2B5C.jpeg
C20A7F92-D8E5-4279-B7C7-2CC464531837.jpeg
2E90E0F2-5DA6-4036-B851-2DCADDCCE234.jpeg
4F9135CB-F259-4415-8678-8DE00A635619.jpeg

Last edited:
I was just looking through my pictures trying to find a quick fix for this duckling fever that was brought on by seeing the absolutely gorgeous ducklings that the duckling addict enabler @FunnyfarmMidwest shared with us and this picture made me smile. This is Maggie at a few days old. I've heard people say that ducks are always smiling. I think it looks like Maggie has a little smile here 😍 She is such a sweetheart ❤️ She's the only one of my ducks that doesn't hate to be held. Well actually she does hate to be held, but she doesn't mind if I snuggle her a little bit while she stands in my palm. They grow up so fast! She's almost 8 months old now
20210618_105811.jpg

The more I look at this picture, I think it's her squinty looking eye that's making it seem like she's smiling ☺

*** I am determined to get a picture of a really messy duckling brooder to help curb the urge to start up the incubator and collect eggs. ***

Of course I am kidding. Please keep those duck and duckling pictures coming. Seeing everyones pictures always makes for a better day 💜

@shawluvsbirds i know that you breed Cayugas. Are the hens the only ones that usually end up with some white feathers? I only have 1 drake and his feathers are all black still. I really love that white and black look that I've seen on some Cayugas 😍 I wonder if this happens with Black East Indies too @FunnyfarmMidwest

I was just looking through my pictures trying to find a quick fix for this duckling fever that was brought on by seeing the absolutely gorgeous ducklings that the duckling addict enabler @FunnyfarmMidwest shared with us and this picture made me smile. This is Maggie at a few days old. I've heard people say that ducks are always smiling. I think it looks like Maggie has a little smile here 😍 She is such a sweetheart ❤️ She's the only one of my ducks that doesn't hate to be held. Well actually she does hate to be held, but she doesn't mind if I snuggle her a little bit while she stands in my palm. They grow up so fast! She's almost 8 months old now
View attachment 2984024
The more I look at this picture, I think it's her squinty looking eye that's making it seem like she's smiling ☺

*** I am determined to get a picture of a really messy duckling brooder to help curb the urge to start up the incubator and collect eggs. ***

Of course I am kidding. Please keep those duck and duckling pictures coming. Seeing everyones pictures always makes for a better day 💜

@shawluvsbirds i know that you breed Cayugas. Are the hens the only ones that usually end up with some white feathers? I only have 1 drake and his feathers are all black still. I really love that white and black look that I've seen on some Cayugas 😍 I wonder if this happens with Black East Indies too @FunnyfarmMidwest
Yes I believe it's only the girls that get white.

Back
Top Bottom