Duck Addicts Anonymous (DAA)

Do you have too many ducks?

• Total voters
So maybe next year we will see you with calls šŸ˜‰
When I told my daughter I wanted Calls, she said no. She said they didn't have a 'purpose'. I countered by mentioning her addiction to Bantam Cochin.

All she could say was: eggs. So I said ducks lay eggs too.

I haven't heard anything else from her on the topic, lol!

When I told my daughter I wanted Calls, she said no. She said they didn't have a 'purpose'. I countered by mentioning her addiction to Bantam Cochin.

Have you shown her a cute adorable call? That and they have been some of my most social ducks.

Well, my chicken is not available for choking, thank youā€¦ though if he were, he would be a very easy catch. At treat time, youā€™d step on him if you arenā€™t careful. He gets right under foot when Iā€™m around. He will occasionally dance for me too. I think he likes me as much as I like him.

What kind of mayhem are your evil dux causing? I donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen any pics of them. How many do you have?
He sounds like my beloved Carlos. Gah, that's one that still hurts my heart deeply. He was the most amazing rooster and to this day is still the one that hurts most thinking about losses. What is it with bantam Cochins? Carlos was a Barred BC. I've got one BC rooster now, Roody, a white frizzle. He's a cutie that looks like he just stepped off the Sesame Street stage, but he's no Carlos. I hope George lives a very long life and continues to make you smile for years ā¤ļø

Lies!
Bringing happieness by being yard candy is as valiant a purpouse as anything else.
Besides the fact their eggs are as edible as any other poultry.
As well as their tiny bodies iffin you have the ability to overlook their adoreableness and proccess them.
They are bigger than most quail. And plenty folks raise quail for meat.

I sold 3 call ducks yesterday. I took them to a swap and barely got them out of the vehicle before people were wanting to buy them.
I was telling that story to my dad and he said well you should have taken more than 3!

I says no way. I don't have any more to sell.
He said well how many do you have left..
I told him 20.

He laughed hysterically.

What was so funny? I don't get it.

Lies!
Bringing happieness by being yard candy is as valiant a purpouse as anything else.
As well as their tiny bodies iffin you have the ability to overlook their adoreableness and proccess them.
I really can't imagine eating a call duck. My girl has some plump to her. But that cute face would be too hard to eat. They are not as common, so a lot of people want them.

I need to figure out what I will do with the call duck eggs. My husband is intolerant to duck eggs. I can't see selling them with our other duck eggs. Make tiny breakfast burritos maybe. šŸ¤·

Lies!
Maybe next year, once I've proven the Cayuga can support themselves. :)

I really can't imagine eating a call duck. My girl has some plump to her. But that cute face would be too hard to eat. They are not as common, so a lot of people want them.

I need to figure out what I will do with the call duck eggs. My husband is intolerant to duck eggs. I can't see selling them with our other duck eggs. Make tiny breakfast burritos maybe. šŸ¤·
Can he tolerate them in baking? That's strange though, most people it's the chicken eggs they can't have.

There's an ad online right now for a trio of calls, dirt cheap. I keep looking at it, then forcing myself to close it.

Can he tolerate them in baking? That's strange though, most people it's the chicken eggs they can't have.

There's an ad online right now for a trio of calls, dirt cheap. I keep looking at it, then forcing myself to close it.
We haven't really noticed any issues in baking. I think it may be the limited amount, but we don't really try it anymore.

I am not sure the intolerance is more common with chickens. There a lot of people who will not even try duck eggs. They think it is gross for some reason. I am not sure how an egg that comes out of a duck butt is any more weird than one that comes out of chicken butt. So a lot of people would never know if they can't eat duck eggs. While chicken eggs are very common. I feel bad for the people who can't eat either, which is very uncommon.

Back
Top Bottom