Duck Addicts Anonymous (DAA)

Do you have too many ducks?

• Total voters
I tried a couple different nets, they always sagged really bad on mine and collected snow and leaves, and collapsed multiple times. Now I have “snow fencing” and use a blower to remove leaves and snow, but it has definitely worked much better. Small wild birds and squirrels can usually get through without problems, though I have had the squirrels chew a few openings in corners and such. As a plus, it seemed to be much cheaper too. It’s definitely more durable.
This stuff (I got the green, a little more camoflauged and not so obvious from a distance).
View attachment 3241153
We use chicken wire for our med. pen. It has worked very well. Our bigger pen is a large dog enclosure. They both ha ve worked out well.

I tried a couple different nets, they always sagged really bad on mine and collected snow and leaves, and collapsed multiple times. Now I have “snow fencing” and use a blower to remove leaves and snow, but it has definitely worked much better. Small wild birds and squirrels can usually get through without problems, though I have had the squirrels chew a few openings in corners and such. As a plus, it seemed to be much cheaper too. It’s definitely more durable.
This stuff (I got the green, a little more camoflauged and not so obvious from a distance).
View attachment 3241153
Hmm... I never really thought of something like that for over head. Luckily I don't have to deal with snow. My biggest problem is heat. It is suppose to be 111 next week 😭.

I tried to break up a squabble with the water hose & was surprised when the five younger ones kept getting under the hose. It was so funny!! I should have known that's not the way to break up a duck fight. They had so much fun. I loved it! Also, it did break it up.
Some of mine love being blasted with water. But others hate being misted or showered with water. It will be 100 degrees and they run from the water 🤷. But yeah, that would distract them from fighting 😂.

My two brain cells cannot comprehend how you will make it through
Yeah it is going to suck. I have sadly dealt with worse. I use to live in Texas. We almost beat a record with the most 100 degree + days in row. We are short by one day. Did beat the most 100 degree days in a year though. I remember waking up and it being in the 90s and the sun hadn't come up yet.

My ducks at least have water to keep cool in.

I have sadly dealt with worse. I use to live in Texas. We almost beat a record with the most 100 degree + days in row. We are short by one day. Did beat the most 100 degree days in a year though. I remember waking up and it being in the 90s and the sun hadn't come up yet.

My ducks at least have water to keep cool in.
how is that possi- wha- I feel so bad for you. And I thought it was hot over here, but seeing this…

And here I have to turn my heat on at night...
I am so jealous of you right now. Granted, I would freeze in your winters. It gets below 70 and I start throwing on sweat shirts and curling under blankets.

how is that possi- wha- I feel so bad for you. And I thought it was hot over here, but seeing this…
Texas was going through a drought at the time. Usually the thunderstorms cool it off. You can feel it drop like 20 degrees as the clouds pass over and leave. There were no thunderstorms.

Luckily where I live now cools down a lot more a night. That is one of the perks of California. The sea air cools it down.

I am so jealous of you right now. Granted, I would freeze in your winters. It gets below 70 and I start throwing on sweat shirts and curling under blankets.

Texas was going through a drought at the time. Usually the thunderstorms cool it off. You can feel it drop like 20 degrees as the clouds pass over and leave. There were no thunderstorms.

Luckily where I live now cools down a lot more a night. That is one of the perks of California. The sea air cools it down.
Glad you’re making it

Got two ducks at a livestock fair. Slowly upping my females. They appear to be a bit older (I forgot to ask...) and have been mated a lot this past season. Hopefully they recover with a bit of proper tlc.

20220911_140616.jpg

Back
Top Bottom