Duck attacked by a raccoon

Pics
That is great to hear that he is starting to perk up. Fresh air can definitely help them cheer up.

Sorry, I didn't realize you were in Canada. Allbirdsproducts does say they ship internationally, but maybe they don't ship to Canada. A local feed store in your area may carry it. You could give them a call and see. If they don't, they may be able to point you to a store that does.
Ah thanks. I’ll look around. Also, I was looking at his wings today and under the little flap I saw the photo attached. This isn’t him losing feathers correct? This is him growing his feathers? I haven’t seen and of his feathers falling the past few days so I’m a bit worried.

Attachments

• 77F4B81E-1E84-4C4C-A399-826B88C03FBE.jpeg
    77F4B81E-1E84-4C4C-A399-826B88C03FBE.jpeg
    467.2 KB · Views: 4
Ah thanks. I’ll look around. Also, I was looking at his wings today and under the little flap I saw the photo attached. This isn’t him losing feathers correct? This is him growing his feathers? I haven’t seen and of his feathers falling the past few days so I’m a bit worried.
It is hard to see in the photo, but it does look like his adult feathers growing in. You might see a small delay in the growth due to him not eating and drinking for a few days. It takes a lot of protein to grow in feathers, plus healing his injuries.

It is hard to see in the photo, but it does look like his adult feathers growing in. You might see a small delay in the growth due to him not eating and drinking for a few days. It takes a lot of protein to grow in feathers, plus healing his injuries.
Ah thank you. I was worried for a second because it seemed so soft and brittle. He ate a decent amount of food today, almost 30ml in total. Not enough but we are starting to see more progress. I caught him drinking water on his own! He’s also noticing things more. He watches me whenever I’m moving.

Also, is it normal that his poop is super stinky today? I’ve been giving him a good amount of protein and I’ve read that it is due to consuming a lot of foods with protein in them

Hey guys. Quick update. Bad news and good news. He’s doing very very good today. His personality is starting to come back. The food I’m feeding him, he won’t eat it. Everytime I try to squirt food in his mouth he would spit it out and turn around to ignore me 😂😂. I’ve tried to get him to eat on his own but he doesn’t want to. Should I let him rest and wait or tube feed him? He seems very energetic today.

What is he eating?
Right now mushed feed and rice+eggs blended together. I just filled up my bathtub and once he started kicking his feet a bit, his eyes instantly perked up and he’s diving everywhere now! His neck is fine, he can lift it straight up but chooses not to and I’m assuming that’s from shock.

Right now mushed feed and rice+eggs blended together. I just filled up my bathtub and once he started kicking his feet a bit, his eyes instantly perked up and he’s diving everywhere now! His neck is fine, he can lift it straight up but chooses not to and I’m assuming that’s from shock.
I would just let him eat whatever he will. It's more important that he eats then torturing him to eat dry food.
Oops. Edited to say that I misread your post. Maybe try just his feed then?
Yay for bath time! :celebrate

I would just let him eat whatever he will. It's more important that he eats then torturing him to eat dry food.
Oops. Edited to say that I misread your post. Maybe try just his feed then?
Yay for bath time! :celebrate
Thanks for the reply. Yes I feed him mushed feed for breakfast and dinner but eggs and rice for lunch. He still hasn’t eaten anything yet. Just sleeping. But he’s been somewhat active today so let’s hope that he will eat lots tomorrow

Thanks for the reply. Yes I feed him mushed feed for breakfast and dinner but eggs and rice for lunch. He still hasn’t eaten anything yet. Just sleeping. But he’s been somewhat active today so let’s hope that he will eat lots tomorrow
If he is moving around a lot I would try putting him outside with his buddies for a little bit. Spending time outside may encourage his appetite. Hopefully you can get him to eat on his own. If he is drinking fine, but not eating, then he might be able to go a bit longer without tube feeding. But if he continues to not eat, he will need tube feeding.

The fact that he doesn't hold his head up much does concern me, because it could be a sign of reduced nutrition. With him swimming around and being so active makes me think it could also be just the neck injury. I would consider adding some vitamin E into his diet to help his neck strengthen. It is usually used for wry neck, and it won't hurt him. Herbs contain vitamin E. Here are some good choices : cayenne pepper, oregano, basil, sage, thyme, parsley, cloves, cumin, caraway, cinnamon, marjoram, and turmeric.

Back
Top Bottom