Duck attacked by a raccoon

So he just took a big poo so I tube fed him 28ml of food. Just that little bit of Gatorade really gave him energy lol. He fought back even more. My rubber tube is curved so that made it easier to make sure the tube went down the right hole. Will update tomorrow morning

Hey guys. Been a little busy that I forgot to update. I’ve been tube feeding him twice a day to get 70ml total and he’s doing awesome! Just yesterday he hopped out of his bed and pooped all over the house haha. His neck seems to be improving slowly as he’s able to reach for things with his neck now. He won’t eat by himself yet but would try to drink water.

Hey guys. Been a little busy that I forgot to update. I’ve been tube feeding him twice a day to get 70ml total and he’s doing awesome! Just yesterday he hopped out of his bed and pooped all over the house haha. His neck seems to be improving slowly as he’s able to reach for things with his neck now. He won’t eat by himself yet but would try to drink water.
That is great to hear he is doing better!

One of my ducks I was tube feeding, I had been tube feeding her for about a week. We were exhausted from it, so we took a day off. Our duck finally realized that she was hungry and started eating again by the next day. So if he is not eating after a week, give that a try.

It sounds like he is well on his way to recovery.

Ah thanks. I’ll look around. Also, I was looking at his wings today and under the little flap I saw the photo attached. This isn’t him losing feathers correct? This is him growing his feathers? I haven’t seen and of his feathers falling the past few days so I’m a bit worried.
That looks exactly like my geese feathers coming in after molting.

That is great to hear he is doing better!

One of my ducks I was tube feeding, I had been tube feeding her for about a week. We were exhausted from it, so we took a day off. Our duck finally realized that she was hungry and started eating again by the next day. So if he is not eating after a week, give that a try.

It sounds like he is well on his way to recovery.
How's the duckling doing? Any updates?
Hey sorry for the late reply. For some reason my notifications all went to junk mail. He’s doing awesome! Starting to eat by himself and his neck looks like it’s almost fully healed. He’s super curious about everything but he has trouble eating by himself due to his right eye not opening. I’m not sure if he still has that eye but he seems to be adapting well. Will get a picture of him posted when I get home!

Back
Top Bottom