Duck attacked

Okay, after looking it up I am fairly certain silvadene is the same thing as SSD cream, just different brands. I picked some up from the vet's office. Granted it was probably more expensive getting it there (27 dollars) than from the pharmacy, but it is what it is. Question for using it: do I use it 3 times a day like neosporin? I also picked up some betadine. Do I use the betadine in place of the saline?

Good for you. The reason I suggested getting it through your doctor, is you can get the big tub of it for whatever your co-pay is. I use a wooden popsicle stick (new one each time) to remove the amount I need, so it's not contaminated. That way I can use it on us, as well as the animals.

She hasn't really been wanting to eat her crumbles, scrambled egg, lettuce, or cream of wheat (although she ate some), so I tried adding some dried black soldier fly larvae to her water and she's gobbling them right up. I also put some crumbles in the water and she ate some, but they eventually sink to the bottom so I have to wash out her water often

This is what her head looked like Friday (2 days ago) exactly 1 week since the attack
20220701_224102.jpg

That's looking much better. It takes time to grow the skin back, but in a couple weeks you should notice a little bit of skin growing back. As long as there is no infection, it will all heal up eventually, and be fine. You're doing a great job. Hang in there.

That's looking much better. It takes time to grow the skin back, but in a couple weeks you should notice a little bit of skin growing back. As long as there is no infection, it will all heal up eventually, and be fine. You're doing a great job. Hang in there.
Thank you, I appreciate your advice along the way

This is what her head looks like now. Not sure if it looks good or not, the yellow spot seems kind of weird to me. I had her on antibiotics for 5 days in the water until the green went away as suggested, should I start her on them again?
20220707_163528.jpg

20220707_163701.jpg

From the pictures, it does not appear to be infection. Is there a foul odor? Is there pus, or oozing that I'm not seeing in the pictures? If not, I wouldn't do the antibiotics. If so, OR if you see signs of infection, start her back on a course of antibiotics in her water again. Keep the SSD cream slathered on it good, and do what you've been doing. She's not as active, and she's not feeling her best yet, so she may not eat as much. Just do your best to keep her eating, and drinking.

Back
Top Bottom