Duck Breed Focus - Ancona

Here an additional picture of eggs from our ancona. Everything left of the brown eggs are ancona. They are all eggs from this year's ducks that are just starting to lay so right now they aren't much bigger than a chicken egg but by spring they'll be huge!
I LOVE how they go from medium chicken-sized to GIGANTIC- won't fit in a carton- sized!

Hi All, My wife and I are interested in an Ancona for our mixed flock. To date we have gotten all of our ducks from Metzer and we are planning a spring order that would include a Pekin and a Buff and maybe a Khaki Campbell, but they don't have Anconas. I have looked for other breeders on line, but because we are a small mixed flock with no breeding or culling, we have some criteria that we haven't been able to fill:

Duck/duckling(preferred) MUST be female (two drakes is enough here!)
Must be able to do a small order.

I am in Helena, MT.

We would be willing to take culls from a breeder or "hatchery quality".

We would be willing to drive up to 500 miles (8 hrs). While this seems like a lot, it still doesn't include much in this area of the country. Some most distant points would be Yakima, WA, Boise, ID, Casper, WY, Rapid City, SD, Williston, ND. Much more and it would be too rough on us and the duck. (most hotels that take pets specify cats/dogs and I really don't feel like finding out which one might be duck friendly) so the idea would be to stay the night, pick up the duck in the morning and head out so we can still have some time to make the duck comfortable in their new surroundings.

I have looked in the "needs adoption" section of this site and all I could find were drakes or pairs (which means drakes) or really far away.

Feel free to PM me we are probably looking at early spring (duckling) to early summer (duck). Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom