Duck Breed Focus - Indian Runner

Thanks for the great info! I hadn't thought of them simply being more active, that makes a lot of sense.

I like that analogy too though.
smile.png

I wonder if two drakes would be happy?

I wouldn't mind the noise but we do have close neighbors in the back so maybe I'll wait on ducks
What is always a good idea on things like that is if you have a decent relationship with the neighbors, go talk with them. If they are part of the process, you will know their feelings toward such an endeavor. If they will put up with what they have to, you might want to consider minimizing their exposure (everything from breed/sex to coop/run design), but maybe they will be excited and it really won't matter how much noise they make because your neighbors will like (
love.gif
) them.
big_smile.png

They are so precious, don't you love it when they run so fast.

I dooo! These three are so zippy, I can watch them all day long ♡
Zoe is looking stronger in this latest video. Glad things are going well for them. Thanks for sharing them!

I think she is too ^_^ I'm keeping a close eye on them because Impa was pik-poking at Zoe a little bit yesterday, but everything looks great today :D

What is always a good idea on things like that is if you have a decent relationship with the neighbors, go talk with them.  If they are part of the process, you will know their feelings toward such an endeavor.  If they will put up with what they have to, you might want to consider minimizing their exposure (everything from breed/sex to coop/run design), but maybe they will be excited and it really won't matter how much noise they make because your neighbors will like :)love ) them. :D

Oh that does sound like a good idea. Some we're friendly with but most we don't talk to haha even the friendly ones we don't talk often. One neighbor is nice enough but they're kind of jerks sometimes, I don't know. Not jerks because they have a reason because gator used to get loose and go to their yard but still. Not the best terms lol

Even if they were all nice though I'm nervous talking too plus it's not.my house (still live with my parents) and the chickens we just ordered them without talking to them lol

Nap time for wee baby peepers! Ezri and Zoe are OUT, but Impa keeps fidgeting and waking them back up :p
[Video]

I switched to a red brooding light so it doesn't keep them awake at night, but it messes with my baby pictures! I put a sepia filter over them so they weren't just a big orange blur.

@AimToMisbehave
I've enjoyed your videos so much of the ducklings, now DH has been watching them with me
lol.png

Oh that does sound like a good idea. Some we're friendly with but most we don't talk to haha even the friendly ones we don't talk often. One neighbor is nice enough but they're kind of jerks sometimes, I don't know. Not jerks because they have a reason because gator used to get loose and go to their yard but still. Not the best terms lol

Even if they were all nice though I'm nervous talking too plus it's not.my house (still live with my parents) and the chickens we just ordered them without talking to them lol

You must live someplace close to a city
I grew up in the city and never really knew my neighbors either. I left the city 33 years ago. Now I live very rural and know all my neighbors very well. My ducks aren't very loud. I don't have runners, but I'm thinking about getting some. My neighbors love my ducks so much that they spoil then with treats.

Last edited:
You must live someplace close to a city
I grew up in the city and never really knew my neighbors either. I left the city 33 years ago. Now I live very rural and know all my neighbors very well. My ducks aren't very loud. I don't have runners, but I'm thinking about getting some. My neighbors love my ducks so much that they spoil then with treats.

Yup!! Town, not exactly small but seems small, aha not literal suburbs because we're not super close to the city with small yard or anything but I guess it technically counts. We're maybe 30 to 40 minutes away. Around here there's south shore, city, north shore. All being exactly what it soundd like with south shore being "south" of/below the city and north shore above. We're central to a lot too though, hour to the cape, just under hour to the city as mentioned, close to the other new england states, 4 hours to NYC, like 7 to D.C., etc., also close to shop, we're central, which I love, but unfortunately, like yoy said, it also kind of breeds not knowing your neighbors haha plus our town has a reputation of being snobby and/or rich haha there's a lot who aren't but a.lot who are but yeah. But our neighborhood isn't, we just don't see them that often haha i think everyone is just sort of wrapped up in their own world near cities whereas you guys maybe live more slow. But I think it's also we have a lot of new people coming in for the last few years and we're older whereas growing up I did somewhat know them. Like we don't have any little kids now but i did used to hang out with the neighborhood kids and yeah. Sorry, I'm talking too much xD

But aww I'm hoping my neighbors will want to spoil them too. :p most of the neighbors now have kids so I'm hoping they'll sway thw parents if we have problems lol

Back
Top Bottom