Duck Breed Focus - Indian Runner

LOL OMG so cute!! That head is huge!
Not really, it's just the only thing dry
lau.gif
. The water was 105 degrees and she went straight under a heat lamp after, but she was only about 3 days old so she had zero oil on her fuzz - ever see a Persian Cat after a bath?
gig.gif
Here is a picture (front) from the same day... Her head is normal
wink.png

And here she is now:

Not really, it's just the only thing dry :lau . The water was 105 degrees and she went straight under a heat lamp after, but she was only about 3 days old so she had zero oil on her fuzz - ever see a Persian Cat after a bath? :gig Here is a picture (front) from the same day... Her head is normal ;) And here she is now:
Hahaha well that makes more sense!! I think I actually may have meant it's so fluffy and now I know why. :p and LOL I gave my cat (not Persian but medium/long hair) a bath one time and she looked like a drowned rat . She wasn't happy. :lau But wow, she turned into an absolutely GORGEOUS bird!!!! :eek: :love :drool

:O she's BEAUTIFUL! What is that color-pattern called?

Thank you. Ummmm... Black...haha. Apparently Blue, Black and Chocolate runners molt whiter each time until they are mostly white. But Noir has taken this as a mission and has many more white feathers than my Blue or Chocolate at the same age :idunno. I was concerned at first until @Amiga clued me in with her beautiful flock. I had seen them before but since mine were solid color then, I thought hers were some special color... :gig

Check out the thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/971646/noir-is-somewhat-blanc

I bet I have a flappity picture here somewhere...

Yay! flappy! :love

And here are my other runners for comparison:

Dove: Chocolate with a little white now around her shoulders...

Mystique: Blue with a little white peppering her tummy...

Entie: Faun and White (Mostly unchanged)

Last edited:
@Tevyes Dad recognizes special when he sees it . . . I am so very fond of my flock
love.gif

This is Zwei, a chocolate Runner.

WOW, in the 3yr old pic in the thread above you mentioned she was now mostly white... You weren't kidding!!! (Mmmmm White Chocolate...)
droolin.gif

Interesting how they whiten as they age & molt. My Speckled Sussex chicken girls are doing something similar; one of them has an almost all white face now.

Back
Top Bottom