Duck - Chicken - or Duken

Wingwalker

Hatching
8 Years
Sep 3, 2011
Had a dozen chickens and a dozen ducks. All in the same yard all free ranging during the day.
Chickens come along and ducks move over and away.
Never excepting each others company.

Along comes some stray dogs and I am now left with one chicken (Roster) & one duck (hen).

After a couple months they seemed to be excepting each other and getting along fine.
Then I notice that when I see one I see the other.

None of the ducks ever went into the chicken coop.

This morning I open the coop looking for the roster. I find them both (chicken and duck) in coop.
Duck is setting on a nest on the floor and roster standing near by. Duck gets up and walks out and I see 10 eggs.
Later in the day I look in the widow and the duck is setting on the nest and the roster is setting next to her.

Question is...........can a roster bred with a duck and should I let her set........or what????????????

I have wondered about that for years. My kids went with a friend to the pet shop and one got a chicken and the other got a duck. The Chicken was a rooster and the duck was a hen. I saw them mating many times. we ate the eggs. Since I have wondered if they would have hatched and what the offspring would looked like. I didn't know if I would have called them Dickens or Chucks.

I have wondered about that for years. My kids went with a friend to the pet shop and one got a chicken and the other got a duck. The Chicken was a rooster and the duck was a hen. I saw them mating many times. we ate the eggs. Since I have wondered if they would have hatched and what the offspring would looked like. I didn't know if I would have called them Dickens or Chucks.
My vote is for chucks!

my grandfather has a friend that has a rooster and hens and one female duck and a duck egg hatched and it was a giant white duck so what would that be since only one female duck and a rooster mating so im guessing it can happen since the duck egg hatched and it was a huge white duck

so why did my female get prego when she was the only female and my cat was mating her and she got prego and she had babies but they were dead so what can you say to that because she was the only rabbit i had and i had her since she was young when she couldn't get prego and when i was young we did have a cabbit when we lived on a farm my family even says things in this world are messed up so you never know .. they may be very different but if my rabbit got prego and had babies (they died because i didn't know why she was pulling fur out i thought she was sick so i kept taking the fur so she had the babies in her to long and they died in her .. we found the babies and they were big and they did not really look just like a rabbit so what would you say it was) ???

Back
Top Bottom