Duck coop

Puddin816

In the Brooder
May 3, 2023
I know this is not a buy sell or trade page but I’m desperate. I have a pet duck named peaches who is my absolute baby but she lives in my room with me. My parents are getting tired of come ing in and she’s wondering around at night. Does anyone have a cheap duck coop I can buy? I live in the San Marco Texas area. Please I do not want to give up my baby because I cannot find her a pen outside.

Yes, she does absolutely amazing and stays with my dogs I just need a coop for the night. We have tons of predators out here and I would be devastated if something happened to her.

Can you check craigslist or keep a look out for a doghouse kind of thing free or cheap? You would just need to adjust it for her, add ventilation, make sure you can close it up securely at night etc.

So she would just free range with the dogs all day then? Predators are around in the daytime, too. I'm not sure how long she would last like that. It might be fine for a while, until one day it's not. :(

How and when did you get her? She might be happier with some ducky flockmates, too...

Yes, she does absolutely amazing and stays with my dogs I just need a coop for the night. We have tons of predators out here and I would be devastated if something happened to her.
I would start searching for a cat carrier. The sides and bottom are closed in so it would protect from the rain, wind, and predators. It's small, so it would practically go unnoticed, and you could easily add bedding to the floor of it for warmth!

Can you check craigslist or keep a look out for a doghouse kind of thing free or cheap? You would just need to adjust it for her, add ventilation, make sure you can close it up securely at night etc.

So she would just free range with the dogs all day then? Predators are around in the daytime, too. I'm not sure how long she would last like that. It might be fine for a while, until one day it's not. :(

How and when did you get her? She might be happier with some ducky flockmates, too...
She’s 9 weeks old currently and she doesn’t go outside unsupervised. We are planning on getting chickens at some point but for the mean time we just have her and she is very well taken care of and pampered. I completely forgot about Craigslist though, thank you!

I would start searching for a cat carrier. The sides and bottom are closed in so it would protect from the rain, wind, and predators. It's small, so it would practically go unnoticed, and you could easily add bedding to the floor of it for warmth!
Yes, a dog or cat carrier is great! We actually used a bigger one in the ducks' pen for a while as they grew out. They had the enclosure for safety during the day, and then I just trained them to go into the crate to sleep. Now I still actually use a smaller carrier to take them just from the pen back into their hut to sleep at night. If she will be kept indoors, that actually could be ideal.

She’s 9 weeks old currently and she doesn’t go outside unsupervised. We are planning on getting chickens at some point but for the mean time we just have her and she is very well taken care of and pampered. I completely forgot about Craigslist though, thank you!
Yes, I see chicken and duck and pet stuff listed on there all the time. Lots of times, free. I don't have FB but I have heard FB marketplace is good, too.

Yes, a dog or cat carrier is great! We actually used a bigger one in the ducks' pen for a while as they grew out. They had the enclosure for safety during the day, and then I just trained them to go into the crate to sleep. Now I still actually use a smaller carrier to take them just from the pen back into their hut to sleep at night. If she will be kept indoors, that actually could be ideal.
She’s currently in an ck dog kennel in my room but I think my parents problem is that she’s inside and not outside with the steers haha. I just want something secure so she is safe at night. During the day she will be back with me inside or wherever.

Back
Top Bottom