Duck coughing, unable to lift left wing.

Please for the love of god someone respond. No where on the internet is giving me a direction and he’s suffering. I don’t know if I can save him or not and it’s torture seeing him like this.

Update: it’s cancer likely

The vet found some kind of mass in his joint, and when poked, it was sticky. That’s likely what was causing the wing issues, and by proxy the coughing. Unfortunately, I don’t know what else there is to do for him.

Still, it’s likely just a matter of time since he’s old and weak.
It’s a shame since the duck he was raised with also died of cancer, so its unfortunate that he’s been afflicted too.

Another update. He’s more distant from the ducks, even moreso than ever. Sleeps a lot more, won’t quack at all. Wing is constantly dragging behind and won’t even leave the pen. I don’t know how much longer he has

Please for the love of god someone respond. No where on the internet is giving me a direction and he’s suffering. I don’t know if I can save him or not and it’s torture seeing him like this.
I'm very sorry to hear about your Duck:hugs

Sometimes no matter how much love and support we give our animals, their time will eventually come.
Can you have the vet re-access him and if needed put him out of his misery for you?

I’m sorry. I myself haven’t dealt with soneyjing like this before
My ideas would be sone kind of Injury
Have you looked under the wing ?
Could it be broken ?
I saw a YouTube guy have one with a broken wing and the vets missed it at first
It ended up with an infection
Maybe a few things you can check on him

I’m
I’m sorry. I myself haven’t dealt with soneyjing like this before
My ideas would be sone kind of Injury
Have you looked under the wing ?
Could it be broken ?
I saw a YouTube guy have one with a broken wing and the vets missed it at first
It ended up with an infection
Maybe a few things you can check on him
we got it checked under an xray, it’s cancer. We assumed it was a broken wing but it’s a mass that’s been growing under his skin. He’s now too sluggish to get out of the pen and his wing constantly hangs out. It’s pitiful, but I want to at least make sure he’s not suffering for his last few days/weeks.

I'm very sorry to hear about your Duck:hugs

Sometimes no matter how much love and support we give our animals, their time will eventually come.
Can you have the vet re-access him and if needed put him out of his misery for you?
We may check him in, but again at this state i’m just not sure. Sorry I blew up I just am running out of options.

I’m

we got it checked under an xray, it’s cancer. We assumed it was a broken wing but it’s a mass that’s been growing under his skin. He’s now too sluggish to get out of the pen and his wing constantly hangs out. It’s pitiful, but I want to at least make sure he’s not suffering for his last few days/weeks.
I’m so sorry
They depend on us so much that we become very bonded to them as well

What do you guys suppose I do at this stage. He’s still eating and drinking but he looks miserable. I want to keep him around but I fear he’s just suffering too much

This mostly goes out to anyone raising animals. When you have had an animal in this situation, what do you do?

What do you guys suppose I do at this stage. He’s still eating and drinking but he looks miserable. I want to keep him around but I fear he’s just suffering too much

This mostly goes out to anyone raising animals. When you have had an animal in this situation, what do you do?
No one can make that decision except for you.

Back
Top Bottom