duck days

Ducksandchickens

Free Ranging
Apr 24, 2018
North Western Ohio
This happened in the fall but I still love to tell it. I had three khaki Campbell’s. One girl. Two drakes. I also had a female pekin. One day I couldn’t find them. (I let them out earlier that day.) I was freaking out because I had seen a hawk earlier that day. We have lots of property so it took a while to search around the yard. Finally my aunt said she saw ducks across the street. Sure enough my ducks had gone across the street to eat my nieghbors bird seed. Cars were going past them and my birds didn’t seem to care. My neighbors are an older couple and they were watching the ducks through there window!! I bribed them home with food. If scared me but yet it was hilarious

Well do I have a story to tell you, two days ago my duck and my drake (Rouen and khaki) we’re having one of those nights out on the pond, I couldn’t get them back in so I left them, you see the pressure is on because a have another khaki sitting on eggs from the both of them. Well yesterday morning I woke up to see my Rouen duck quaking like mad outside under a bush beside the coop that the broody was in and I knew something was up, the drake was nowhere to be seen, now I have a confused broody momma that struggles to get out and eat food as the chickens are no longer scared of her as the drake is gone and I also have a depressed little duck (the Rouen) that’s been sitting by the coop all day.
I’m thinking of getting another drake (not just yet) because I don’t want anything to interfere with my broody sitting on her eggs. At least I’ll have something left from Donald (the drake)
Too bad he didn’t get to see his ducklings, I heard the good male ducks sometimes help the mother duck care for the ducklings, he seemed to help her out a lot, his last few days before that night, he spent the whole time sitting by the broody duck :hit

Well do I have a story to tell you, two days ago my duck and my drake (Rouen and khaki) we’re having one of those nights out on the pond, I couldn’t get them back in so I left them, you see the pressure is on because a have another khaki sitting on eggs from the both of them. Well yesterday morning I woke up to see my Rouen duck quaking like mad outside under a bush beside the coop that the broody was in and I knew something was up, the drake was nowhere to be seen, now I have a confused broody momma that struggles to get out and eat food as the chickens are no longer scared of her as the drake is gone and I also have a depressed little duck (the Rouen) that’s been sitting by the coop all day.
I’m thinking of getting another drake (not just yet) because I don’t want anything to interfere with my broody sitting on her eggs. At least I’ll have something left from Donald (the drake)
Too bad he didn’t get to see his ducklings, I heard the good male ducks sometimes help the mother duck care for the ducklings, he seemed to help her out a lot, his last few days before that night, he spent the whole time sitting by the broody duck :hit
Such a sad story so sorry:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit

Back
Top Bottom