Duck egg air sac/humidity, am I doing this right??? (pictures attached)

Pics
Often times there will be gunk left in the bottom of the egg. If a small string is still attached to the baby, it can usually be shipped with scissors, as long as it’s not a huge protrusion or very bloody. But wait till it tries to work itself out of the shell, then check it out.

Edit— and if you snip, do it at least an inch or two away from the body. The part you leave will dry up and fall off eventually.

:bow:bow:bow:bow thank you! I'll let her chill for a bit in her cup just to be safe. Iam warming up the room she's in and up the humidity ( in the room not incubator) a tad so when I try to look I don't get too much cold air --- or thats my thought process anyways -- in there with her and the rest.. is that shaking/trembling normal??? I've never made it this far so have never got to witness any of this. I'm sure I'm going to freak at everything she does :lol::lol:

edit: before I go hackin' away with my scissors I will post picture to be a 100% sure I am doing the right thng

She keeps trying to kick out but I want a good look first .. if i have to actually put her in a cup do I want her sitting up kinda or on her side?? Probably not up cause her neck ??? ... I've got no idea

She keeps trying to kick out but I want a good look first .. if i have to actually put her in a cup do I want her sitting up kinda or on her side?? Probably not up cause her neck ??? ... I've got no idea

I’ve done both ways. Depends on how alert and anxious she is to get out. The main problem with sitting up is a slight possibility of ripping something on the edge of the shell, if she struggles. But if you prop her up with paper towels or a soft rag around her, it should be fine either way.

Back
Top Bottom