Duck Egg Candling Photo Diary

so... just candled all 5 again there now...

one egg that had been a concern for a while... significantly smaller than any of my other eggs which i can barely see anything except... TWITCHEEES
big_smile.png

happy...

would this smaller duckling be dead... or will it need my TLC should it hatch?

Whatever happened with these eggs? Did they all hatch? I want to see pictures!
smile.png

I love, love, love your photo diary, and have referred to it several times since setting my eggs last Thursday. Thank you so, so much!

Thanks so much for your pictures and descriptions! They're very helpful.

My ducks have recently gone broody and are setting on 4 eggs, and I'm new to hatching, so I have tons of questions and am scouring the site and the net for info. Your pictures are by far some of the best and most useful. Thank you!!

Should I be worried if 3 of the eggs seem to be developing only on 1 (lengthwise) side? They are veined and moving inside a little when candled. The 4th is dark throughout and may be rotting...? I found it outside of the nest one day (don't know how long it was out) and put it back in (marked) to see if she pushed it out again, but so far she's been treating it the same as the others.

Any replies are appreciated, this is all new to me
smile.png

Ok, I candled them today and all 4 have movement
smile.png
I think they're between days 14 and 16, but since my broody girls are taking care of them I'm not too worried about exact timing.

This is SO exciting!

OMG, how cute! we found a mallard egg and my cochin was broody....so now she is sitting on 3 duck eggs, one is mallard, the other two are a mix of bigger....something. I can see from your pictures that the mallard is 5 days in.....WHOO HOO!
jumpy.gif

I need help, I have a duck egg. I dont know how old it is, I'm incubating it.
I just candled it and there was a large shadow-looking thing in the egg. My sister said that it might be cooked because the lamp is too hit, but I have no idea and I need help.

Back
Top Bottom