DUCK EGG EMERGENCY

Adz_k187

In the Brooder
Oct 14, 2020
hello all, I have a duck egg in the incubator, it’s supposed to hatch Tuesday but it’s hatching today!!! 3 days early!!! I turned the egg to see a hole in it and the duckling moving inside, I’ve put the humidity up, will it be okay?!?!? This is my first time, I’m panicking right now.
image.jpg

hello all, I have a duck egg in the incubator, it’s supposed to hatch Tuesday but it’s hatching today!!! 3 days early!!! I turned the egg to see a hole in it and the duckling moving inside, I’ve put the humidity up, will it be okay?!?!? This is my first time, I’m panicking right now.View attachment 2402716
Calm down, lol! I totally agree with cheezenkwackers, up your humidity to 70-75%, and your temp must have been too high throughout incubation for him to be hatching early. Have you checked your incubator with a calibrated thermometer? Is it a still air or forced air incubator? And is your hydrometer salt tested?
He probably will not hatch until Sunday or Monday.
Yes, it should be fine. Your temperature may have been a little high. This egg has pipped externally but it may not hatch for another 24-48 hours. They pip because oxygen is low. Now that he has plenty, he should be ok. Do NOT be in a hurry for him to hatch. Up the humidity and sit on your hands.
X2.

Calm down, lol! I totally agree with cheezenkwackers, up your humidity to 70-75%, and your temp must have been too high throughout incubation for him to be hatching early. Have you checked your incubator with a calibrated thermometer? Is it a still air or forced air incubator? And is your hydrometer salt tested?

X2.

X2.
The humidities still a little low, I put some vinegar in the water as I’ve read it helps. Ahh I’m just so nervous! Like I said it’s my first time. It is still air, and thermometer is okay, it’s at 100F/38C as I’ve read that’s what is needed for a still air. I’ve run in to another problem, throughout incubation my temp has been good and stable, but now it’s suddenly dropped and won’t rise back up?!? Is it because of the higher humidity?! How do I fix this?!?! I’ve put blankets on top but it’s still too low and won’t go back up, whyyy did it have to be on the most important day:hit

Back
Top Bottom