Basically chip away at the shell and membrane little bit by little bit. If there's any blood stop immediately and apply a bit of pressure to the bleed and it should stop quickly. If it's ready to hatch, which yours very likely is, you shouldn't run into any active veins as the duckling should have absorbed it all.

Basically chip away at the shell and membrane little bit by little bit. If there's any blood stop immediately and apply a bit of pressure to the bleed and it should stop quickly. If it's ready to hatch, which yours very likely is, you shouldn't run into any active veins as the duckling should have absorbed it all.
Thank you! I'm going to assist it today. I'll update everyone later. :)

i just assisted the egg. i chipped away the shell and the membrane little by little, i saw a bit of blood, so i stopped immediately. the hole is a bit bigger now, so i hope it will be easier for the duck to come out. it has been pipping and poking out it’s beak.
here is a picture and video of the egg now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 10
i just assisted the egg. i chipped away the shell and the membrane little by little, i saw a bit of blood, so i stopped immediately. the hole is a bit bigger now, so i hope it will be easier for the duck to come out. it has been pipping and poking out it’s beak.
here is a picture and video of the egg now.

At this stage it will probably need your help to get out, but leave it for maybe an hour and then try again. It must be pretty close to having absorbed everything it needs to. :fl

hi everyone. today around 3pm the duckling hatched! all by itself, it came out of the egg. its been almost 5 hours and the duckling still hasn't fluffed up. I'm not sure how long it should take... the duckling is dry but not fluffy, is this normal?
also, the duckling has a sticky blackish blob hanging from the tail. I don't know what it is but I'm pretty sure it's not normal. does anyone have an idea of what it is and what I should do?

Back
Top Bottom