Duck eggs day 27 pip??

Jen_naay

Chirping
Apr 9, 2020
Hi. Not sure if these guys internally pipped or not? They’ve looked like this for about 32 hours, yesterday they were wiggling around and today not so much. I hear no tapping or peeps.

One of them looks like there is a crack on the shell but the others still look the same

Does it look like an internal pip? If so- would I have to do a safety hole?

Thanks for your help in advance

Attachments

• F06BCFCC-1FB0-4D90-B58D-C6AB05D9F102.jpeg
    F06BCFCC-1FB0-4D90-B58D-C6AB05D9F102.jpeg
    321.2 KB · Views: 78
  • A414EE51-B081-42CC-910C-934BAF56CC01.jpeg
    A414EE51-B081-42CC-910C-934BAF56CC01.jpeg
    335 KB · Views: 44
  • 7C137D3D-8C19-450A-A02A-B4909989AD3F.jpeg
    7C137D3D-8C19-450A-A02A-B4909989AD3F.jpeg
    216.3 KB · Views: 44
I think I see the crack you are talking about. But it doesn't look like a crack from hatching to me. Ducklings more often than not, at least in my experience pip really early so they may have already but I would give them time to do their thing. After they pip it can be 48 hours before they hatch. Ducks are slow!

Hi. Not sure if these guys internally pipped or not? They’ve looked like this for about 32 hours, yesterday they were wiggling around and today not so much. I hear no tapping or peeps.

One of them looks like there is a crack on the shell but the others still look the same

Does it look like an internal pip? If so- would I have to do a safety hole?

Thanks for your help in advance

I don't see any sign that they have internally pipped, not much you can do if they haven't either, just watch out for any bruising on the other side of the egg indicating they are pipping on the wrong side. What breed is this?

I don't see any sign that they have internally pipped, not much you can do if they haven't either, just watch out for any bruising on the other side of the egg indicating they are pipping on the wrong side. What breed is this?

there is one call, 3 pekin and one Cayuga

Update- all 5 cracked their shell yesterday. One pipped the wrong end.. when I woke up today the membrane looked very dry I put a tiny bit of coconut oil around the shell and tried to raise the humidity.. he was moving around and it looked like the membrane has a tiny slit for him to get air - but definitely not a hole. any other advice for this guy?

And the other guys have very small cracks in their shell not holes. Is that ok?

Thanks for your help- this is my first hatch

For the one that is on the wrong end I would still wait. If they aren't too big to turn around they can still hatch from that end, and he is getting air from the hole. I would wait 48 hours at least to make sure he has absorbed everything and then if he still hasn't hatched you can try assisting. Assisting now is a bad idea because it is too soon and he could bleed to death or have the yolk still exposed.

Good news on the other ones though!

Back
Top Bottom