Duck eggs normal?

DaSouthernYankee

Songster
Sep 13, 2018
Louisiana
So I’ve already read duck eggs (especially Pekins) are known to be smelly even when not rotten. My hen is super broody and dirty and in then prettt much 24/7. She has even rolled a few rotten ones out. I took my chance to get a look when she got up today. They feel like they should be due any day and one has a small crack that looks like the beginning of a zip! I snapped a photo some are super discolored but I’m trying not to interfere and let my hen do her thing. Do these look normal?

Attachments

• A03CF806-3437-42DA-BA67-02FB796035D9.jpeg
    A03CF806-3437-42DA-BA67-02FB796035D9.jpeg
    762.6 KB · Views: 19
Omg me too! I got so anxious I bought 4 chicks!! So now I’ve got ducks, chickens, and goats. Gosh I’m a sucker for farming lol
You're lucky. When my wife and I purchased our property she told me I could choose ducks OR chickens. I chose ducks and am happy with that decision, but I wish I could have everything! Really wanting rabbits now, too.

We have never had more than 14 ducks at one time, and I told my wife the other day that I would like to have 50 females, she about had a cow. It's an uphill struggle...

But I don't want it to seem like she isn't on board! She definitely is, but she is also the voice of reason in our relationship. If it weren't for her I would have no self-control and would end up buying more animals than our property could sustain.

You're lucky. When my wife and I purchased our property she told me I could choose ducks OR chickens. I chose ducks and am happy with that decision, but I wish I could have everything! Really wanting rabbits now, too.

We have never had more than 14 ducks at one time, and I told my wife the other day that I would like to have 50 females, she about had a cow. It's an uphill struggle...

But I don't want it to seem like she isn't on board! She definitely is, but she is also the voice of reason in our relationship. If it weren't for her I would have no self-control and would end up buying more animals than our property could sustain.

Take her to look at little peepers to melt her heart lol

Back
Top Bottom