AshleyNicole06

Crowing
6 Years
Nov 19, 2017
Iowa
Quick question! Please help!
I have 6 eggs in an incubator right now. Lockdown will be with a couple days for atleast two of them. (They are all on different days)
I'll have to take the automatic turner out.. what do I do with the other eggs that need turned during lockdown?
I can turn by hand, but not sure I'd I should open the bator.
Thanks.

How many days apart are they? It is usually advised not to have staggered hatches for this reason. Depending on how many days apart they are, it might be fine to just take the turner out. @MGG might be able to help better than me.

Quick question! Please help!
I have 6 eggs in an incubator right now. Lockdown will be with a couple days for atleast two of them. (They are all on different days)
I'll have to take the automatic turner out.. what do I do with the other eggs that need turned during lockdown?
I can turn by hand, but not sure I'd I should open the bator.
Thanks.
Like Duckie said, doing staggered hatches can be difficult.
How old are your youngest eggs? I would just remove the turner, and if you open the incubator to candle or whatever during lockdown just turn your other eggs quick. Having the incubator open for a minute during lockdown won't hurt anything.

How old are your youngest eggs? I would just remove the turner, and if you open the incubator to candle or whatever during lockdown just turn your other eggs quick. Having the incubator open for a minute during lockdown won't hurt anything.
My youngest are probably around 2 weeks.. and there's 4 that are close to hatching..

20220802_223817.jpg
20220802_224024.jpg

Attachments

• 20220802_223854.jpg
    20220802_223854.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 3
I posted pics... also... I wasn't planning on it lol

How many days apart are they? It is usually advised not to have staggered hatches for this reason. Depending on how many days apart they are, it might be fine to just take the turner out. @MGG might be able to help better than me.
I posted some pics.. a few I think are due to hatch and the other 2 are at 2 weeks-ish..also the humidity is at 68% and I can't get it down..

My youngest are probably around 2 weeks.. and there's 4 that are close to hatching..
Oh they'll be fine if you don't turn them anymore then.
Looks good!
I posted some pics.. a few I think are due to hatch and the other 2 are at 2 weeks-ish..also the humidity is at 68% and I can't get it down..
How long has the humidity been that high?
If it's been that high for very long your ducklings will drown in the excess moisture when they hatch.
Is there any water in your incubator? If so take it out.

Oh they'll be fine if you don't turn them anymore then.

Looks good!

How long has the humidity been that high?
If it's been that high for very long your ducklings will drown in the excess moisture when they hatch.
Is there any water in your incubator? If so take it out.
It wasn't high for very long, I'm not sure what to do? I've heard to keep the humidity a little higher during hatch?

Back
Top Bottom