Duck eye infection?

Hi everyone!
Marco has his eye removal surgery today. Everything went well, the vet said he should make a full recovery. He will be on oral pain meds, and is recovering in his house, separated from his friends. They can see and hear each other through a plastic fence. They asked if they could put him on their FB page. He showed his good side!
A80F0E04-BA9E-41A2-A827-0B7F62ED2A7F.png

Here he is riding to the vet.
824861B0-9AC3-406B-A0C3-F30BD0F706CF.jpeg

How is Marco doing after surgery?
Marco is doing very well, thanks! He’s still in his quarantine house, but I’m planning on taking him out to be with his friends, under my supervision, for some pool time. I’ll probably keep him separated for another day or two. I spent some time in his house today, he seems to get around ok. I almost think he’s a little more tolerant of me, given how much I’ve had to handle him lately! Thanks for thinking of him! :)

@thumper650 did the vet stitch the eye lid closed? I would think they would. Is this they eye he wasn’t able to see out of to begin with? I’m glad he’s warming up I think they know when someone cares about them. ❤

@thumper650 did the vet stitch the eye lid closed? I would think they would. Is this they eye he wasn’t able to see out of to begin with? I’m glad he’s warming up I think they know when someone cares about them. ❤
She did stitch it up. It looks gross, but she said feathers should grow over it in time. He has a cataract in his remaining eye as well, I think. They called to follow up. I put him with his friends outside in a contained area today, without Webster who is kinda disruptive to them. He's getting around ok, he can definitely see, but a few minutes ago he was standing in his food bowl, and I don't think he even knew it, even though his girlfriend was eating at the time!

Back
Top Bottom