Duck eye infection?

Sorry to laugh but I bet that was a sight! Poor guy well we know he’s in good hands there. His friends are okay with how he looks? By the way how is Webster?

She did stitch it up. It looks gross, but she said feathers should grow over it in time. He has a cataract in his remaining eye as well, I think. They called to follow up. I put him with his friends outside in a contained area today, without Webster who is kinda disruptive to them. He's getting around ok, he can definitely see, but a few minutes ago he was standing in his food bowl, and I don't think he even knew it, even though his girlfriend was eating at the time!
He needs a little eye patch.... it would look sooo cute and bad a** at the same time.

Sorry to laugh but I bet that was a sight! Poor guy well we know he’s in good hands there. His friends are okay with how he looks? By the way how is Webster?
Webster is fine thanks. He's still attacking Polo a little, but I think I'm going to make a separate rabbit hutch like house for Webster, and get him a girlfriend. They seem ok with his looks, I know Ruby's ok with it, as they had an, ahem, intimate moment, soon after I put Marco in their area.
He needs a little eye patch.... it would look sooo cute and bad a** at the same time.
Don't worry about making jokes! A friend last night at my brother's house made that exact comment about an eye patch! It was then suggested that he needs a peg leg, and a parrot on his shoulder. The vets office was pretty entertained that Marco's bother is Polo. The animal rescue I got them from are the ones who named them.

Webster is fine thanks. He's still attacking Polo a little, but I think I'm going to make a separate rabbit hutch like house for Webster, and get him a girlfriend. They seem ok with his looks, I know Ruby's ok with it, as they had an, ahem, intimate moment, soon after I put Marco in their area.
Don't worry about making jokes! A friend last night at my brother's house made that exact comment about an eye patch! It was then suggested that he needs a peg leg, and a parrot on his shoulder. The vets office was pretty entertained that Marco's bother is Polo. The animal rescue I got them from are the ones who named them.
Don't forget that he needs a little bandana on his head too!
8f1cc92a35ec88478f653e0b6cefadee--donald-duck-pirate-party.jpg

A sad update: Unfortunately our Marco was born into eternity this morning. I let them out of their pen, and they were frolicking in the pool. I came out of the garage and saw him in the pool with his wings out, and his head on his back. I picked him up and moved him aside and folded in his wings. He was completely lifeless, I checked for a heartbeat but felt nothing. I'm thankful he went quickly.
With terrible timing, the vet called about 5 minutes later to ask how he was doing! I don't know if his dying was related to his eye problems, I tend to think not, since he was acting perfectly normal until the last minute. These last few days have been pretty tough, with all that's going on. I keep reminding myself that it could be much worse. I'm fortunate that I can survive financially and have plenty of toilet paper.
I'm thankful for everyone on this board. You're an amazing group of people, and have helped me in my duck adventure tremendously. I hope you're all doing well.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom