Duck food and water

@EggSighted4Life my sister fed this to her magpie ducks a couple years ago
That is too high in calcium if your ducks are very young (sorry my brain spins with SOOO many details and I can't remember age). Beyond that, it looks fine... I would contact the company to verify the niacin content... to see if it is adequate or if you would need to supplement. I tried checking the info available and didn't find it.

The Purina is about the same price at Grange... part of what I look out for is MILL DATE... I won't buy feed that is old (more than 6 weeks) as nutrients diminish with oxidization. So if they don't have enough turn over to keep feed fresh is ONE reason for my choice. I also read ingredients and just like some labels better than others, but that is a personal choice. The feed will still meet its' analysis.

With the same calcium content as layer feed... I probably also wouldn't feed it during the non laying season since too much calcium fed long term to non layer *can* (DOESN'T mean will) cause gout or even kidney failure (molting, brooding, juvenile, male). Now this statement is from research on chickens but I can presume that it MAY carry over to ducks. I am not a fear monger, so don;t jump to conclusions on that statement please. For many that face those situations there will have been other circumstances like genetic predisposition OR too many treats being fed or a combination of both. MANY people will never face this concern... but as an attention to detail, like to know the whole truth person... I'm just mentioning it.

I do like that I consider Rouge to be local. Are you in Oregon?

I like that feed, I usually prefer Purina feeds but I would definitely try that one. I have had a few birds that struggled with calcium so I prefer a higher level and would start it about a month before the birds are to start laying eggs. Also like the 18 percent protein better than Purina Layena's 16 percent.

Back
Top Bottom