Duck foot injury on 3/29/19

So what ever happened it’s healing. Maybe resting more than running around will help. When mine limp and I can’t find the problem I put them in the smaller fenced area put Nutritional yeast over their feed and usually in less than 4 days they are back to normal but haven’t had a brake.

7346F581-13D1-46A8-BBAB-8AE8D552532D.jpeg

We made her a little “isolation” pen in our basement which she’s been staying in (which has made her quite the house-duck! Hah!) It is very makeshift.. but works!

Just a FYI tidbit of information, when a pine tree starts to die the sap goes down into the roots. We use just a tiny piece to light the fire in our fireplace. The guys call it "lighter knot". Boy does it ever work good!
I had a dead Douglas-Fir on my property which fell on my electricity cable and cut my phone line in fall. We burned it last weekend and the stump literally exploded when i threw it into the fire. Sparks were flying everywhere, luckily it was raining at that time.

View attachment 1722467

Not the best photo, sorry guys! I was trying to clean it up best I could and she wasn’t having any of it today. I was also solo-moding this time. The silver sheen is AluShield. I will moisturize her feet at some point today when I get the chance.

Her foot and toe are no longer swollen or hot, despite what it looks like in the photo. As mentioned many other times in my previous replies, there is a hard knot on the joint and her toe is very stiff (which is what may look “swollen” in the photo), not purulent. Have any of you experienced broken/fractured toes?

What are the collective thoughts?
That looks so much better than yesterday! The wound is healing pretty well and her foot looks much softer and not so dry.

View attachment 1722467

Not the best photo, sorry guys! I was trying to clean it up best I could and she wasn’t having any of it today. I was also solo-moding this time. The silver sheen is AluShield. I will moisturize her feet at some point today when I get the chance.

Her foot and toe are no longer swollen or hot, despite what it looks like in the photo. As mentioned many other times in my previous replies, there is a hard knot on the joint and her toe is very stiff (which is what may look “swollen” in the photo), not purulent. Have any of you experienced broken/fractured toes?

What are the collective thoughts?
As you know it can take 3 to 6 weeks to heal fractures. I'm thinking she broke her toe and will heal in time.

Back
Top Bottom