Duck Foot Issue - Assistance Please

I guess it would but seems it would be at a much lower dose. That would be your decision. If I have to give meds and thankfully it's not been often mainly wormer I do feed my dogs their eggs for 2 weeks after.

Best to get advise from source of meds. that is for sure.

UPDATE: Goose is doing better, although she is still stumping around. She has been on the antibiotics just over a week now. Unfortunately Angus presented with a limp today. Looks like he may have punctured it on a thorn or something. This time of year the boys are going deep into thickets and calling in the girls to their love forts. When it comes to a soak, what advice can you give us? I've heard both epsom salts and iodine soaks. Warm water? How long? Do you fill a shallow dish and have them stand in it? Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Either would be okay I think the Epsom salts would help bring down any swelling where the iodine would help with any infection. So maybe alternate. Also clear iodine is good for after soaks. did you check for a thorn or splinter?

Oh those boys they pick some of the strangest place to have their love forts. lol it's usually right in the mud here. :hmm

Either would be okay I think the Epsom salts would help bring down any swelling where the iodine would help with any infection. So maybe alternate. Also clear iodine is good for after soaks. did you check for a thorn or splinter?

Oh those boys they pick some of the strangest place to have their love forts. lol it's usually right in the mud here. :hmm
Thanks! Where do I get clear iodine? Pharmacy or feed store?

Also, fo anyone who stumbles across this thread, be sure to check out:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/my-drakes-foot-is-always-bleeding.1200823/

It's long but tons of useful info!

UPDATE: The original post was about Lucy, who is doing much better (on Clavamox).

This post is about Angus, who presented lame for the first time this morning. His foot was pretty muddy earlier, so we didn't do a good inspection but decided to wait until Lucy's afternoon antibiotics. We soaked his foot in epsom salts and then got a good look. Here are a couple of pictures:

20180410_142443.jpg

20180410_142314.jpg

Could be the start of bumble that area that has blk like scabs and is swollen some. I'd start out soaking and using the clear iodine if he is really limping and having a hard time keeping up with the flock then might be good to let him have a few days rest and see how the foot looks after a few days of treatment.

Could be the start of bumble that area that has blk like scabs and is swollen some. I'd start out soaking and using the clear iodine if he is really limping and having a hard time keeping up with the flock then might be good to let him have a few days rest and see how the foot looks after a few days of treatment.
He was actually moving around a lot better this afternoon than this morning, but we'll keep watching. With the iodine, just apply it liberally to the whole area and then let it dry? Thanks as always, @Miss Lydia

Back
Top Bottom