DUCK GASPING FOR 3 MONTHS PLEASE HELP (VIDEOS ATTACHED)

Honestly, I've not dealt with respiratory distress or illness, so I have no further input than that which you've already received. I'm not really sure what more anyone here can do without further information.

Is vet an option?

Would a bird be gasping as much as that and sneezing and yawning with egg binding?
Sneeze..I'd say not.
Gasp maybe.
If she was egg bound and never laid the egg.. (when an egg is stuck inside and they have trouble pushing it out) she wouldn't have made it 4 months like miss L said. I asked because if she were passing soft shells or extra large eggs or just having trouble laying in general on a daily basis then I would think it was a reproductive issue and the labored breathing *could* be attributed to that.
Would a respiratory infection cause a duck not to lay?
I'd imagine any long term illness could cause them to stop laying.

If she were mine,
I would try the antibiotic and if i did not see any improvement within a reasonable amount of time i would put her down.

How long would it take baytril to work for a respiratory infection
I would hope you would see some improvement in as little as 24-48 hours if it is working. If I didn't see any improvement in 5 to 7 days, and a vet is not an option, I would not continue to allow her to suffer like that personally.

Can u delete this thread please. Thanks
I'm sorry that we can't offer any better advice than what we've all personally experienced 🤷🏻‍♀️
I am not sure why you want to delete the thread.. we would all like to hear how your ducky is doing going forward and if she responds to treatment or not.
If any of my posts made you feel bad I do apologize. I was only saying what I would do in your situation.

Back
Top Bottom