Duck gasping

That is great info - thank you.
This is insane, but our sick duck is engaging in pond activities with her sisters now. All the while heavy breathing and squeaking. She is a crazy duck!

She is beautiful though!, Is she a Golden 300?

She is a Khaki Campbell. They do seem to love posing for the camera.
Do I just give 1 cc of the 23% calcium gluconate solution orally? Should I repeat at any time interval or just give the one dose and wait?

One dose an wait [USER=523466]@DuckyDonna Donna gave it to hers at night by next morning there was a egg
Thanks and thank you for the duck compliment! I am going to just attach one close-up photo of her for good measure and here is a video of her from a few minutes ago still exhibiting the full body, heavy open mouth breathing.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/XC8XoUH47uH98uxk8

Now I am off to the store. Thank you again!

DSC_0154.JPG

I wouldn’t advise olive oil just get the cal glu it causes contraction and helps the muscle get the egg out. And if it isn’t an egg it will not hurt her.
I wouldn’t advise it neither.
Except once my duck couldn’t lay for hours and she was hiding in the coop I tried everything she still couldn’t lay. Somebody who owned hen(not a vet) told me to give her a teaspoon of olive oil and she finally laid a BIG egg and somehow it was oily!🤦🏻‍♀️

I wouldn’t advise it neither.
Except once my duck couldn’t lay for hours and she was hiding in the coop I tried everything she still couldn’t lay. Somebody who owned hen(not a vet) told me to give her a teaspoon of olive oil and she finally laid a BIG egg and somehow it was oily!🤦🏻‍♀️
That’s amazing!

Back
Top Bottom