Duck has leg issues

Update: the duck is getting worse
She can barely walk around, and her crop/lungs seem to be sucked in. Her voice is also much weaker. I fear she’s having respiratory issues too.

Bump, she can barely walk, it’s raining hard, and I think she injured her neck trying to hold herself together

Shoot, didn’t mean to send that, anyways I took her to the vet, got prescribed some medication, and when I took her back, I noticed that she was losing control of her neck. I’m not sure what’s going on, but now I’m to believe she has botulism. She’s losing balance against her neck, and she’s still struggling to get around. She also’s gotten more agressive with me, which I can assume is from being separated, but I don’t want to risk infection if I bring a buddy for support. What should I do?

I also plan on buying a feeding tube, since I’ve noticed she’s struggling eating. Also, apparently the vet said she’s underweight. It could be because she hasn’t eaten much in the past few days (of her own choice), but she’s not getting enough nutrition to support herself.
8E1E7F81-5C1C-47F8-A202-FE91190E00F2.jpeg

Another update: she’s coughing blood again, and her voice is dry. She’s breathing really hard. Is there anything I can do? I fear she’s not going to make it. I’m begging anyone for help

Attachments

• 21433241-F921-4483-AE77-45300FC16A1B.jpeg
    21433241-F921-4483-AE77-45300FC16A1B.jpeg
    357.9 KB · Views: 3
Another update: she’s coughing blood again, and her voice is dry. She’s breathing really hard. Is there anything I can do? I fear she’s not going to make it. I’m begging anyone for help
I’m sorry about your baby and I wish I could be more help ❤️ have you been giving her the vitamin b?

Will this work? Its a different brand but its what they hadView attachment 2936831
When I look up the vitamin b complex you got, it says 1mL per 100lbs for adult cattle. So I would assume that’s wayy too much for a duck. It’s also supposed to be administered as an injection. Have the other bad issues started after giving her this? If so it may be good to stop. I found this about it here on BYC

Attachments

• 19B9C8E6-66E6-4561-8300-817C399DC5FE.png
    19B9C8E6-66E6-4561-8300-817C399DC5FE.png
    555.7 KB · Views: 3
When I look up the vitamin b complex you got, it says 1mL per 100lbs for adult cattle. So I would assume that’s wayy too much for a duck. It’s also supposed to be administered as an injection. Have the other bad issues started after giving her this? If so it may be good to stop. I found this about it here on BYC
Yea, i’m a bit unsure on using it, i’ve been giving her about a spoon’s worth around her food in it. However, I dont know if its causing her to get worse

Back
Top Bottom