Duck hatch help please

He is flipping and flopping all over the incubator like crazy! He's stuck upside down and dragging his shell by a little cord.. I'm a little nervous!:idunno

Take him in one hand and shell in the other... twist the shell around and around so the cord twists up, all one way... then clip the cord close to the shell, not the 'ling...

My baby (human one lol) was crying so I left Hughbert for a little bit. I came back and he had gotten off his shell on his own :) There was poo poo in there and I do not see any sac anywhere. He STILL is not resting! He is running around the incubator!!

That's just hatching goo... leftovers from the albumen and such...

Great job!!! And don't worry, he will rest when he needs to... how does his navel look? (Where the cord was attached)

Congratulations carzan, Hughbert looks great!!
thumbsup.gif

Thank you all so much! His navel looks great! Nothing sticking out at all and closed up :)I'll post a picture later when he dries out..

Congratulations! I just read that entire post and was so engrosseed hoping for a great outcome. Good job on your assist! And I just want to say to all the people who post on this forum.....what a great bunch of caring and helpful people! The amount of info and knowledge shared here is wonderful. It's a great place to learn. Not all the posts have great outcomes, but we learn from them too.

Congratulations! I just read that entire post and was so engrosseed hoping for a great outcome. Good job on your assist! And I just want to say to all the people who post on this forum.....what a great bunch of caring and helpful people! The amount of info and knowledge shared here is wonderful. It's a great place to learn. Not all the posts have great outcomes, but we learn from them too.

Thanks! :)

I'm always happy to be a part of ones that come out successfully. Its a great feeling. Carzan did the tuff parts!

:yiipchick

Thank you all so much! His navel looks great! Nothing sticking out at all and closed up :)I'll post a picture later when he dries out..

Yay!!!! You did awesome!!! :celebrate

Thanks! :)

I'm always happy to be a part of ones that come out successfully. Its a great feeling. Carzan did the tuff parts!

:yiipchick

X2!!! :D

Thank you all again so much!! It's wonderful to have people who care so much about these little guys :) Hughbert finally decided to get some rest.. His daddy is out searching farm stores now to try and find him a friend.

Back
Top Bottom