Duck health issue???

Ilovemyduckkids

In the Brooder
Jun 5, 2019
Hi again- one of my ducks seems to have recently had a change in stool consistency. It’s solid and white, honestly it seems like whipped cream except more solid. Does it only mean she needs to drink more water, or could it be a sign of a worse health issue? And why might she not be drinking enough water? There are several gallons of water out in the coop replaced daily so it’s not due to a shortage of water and I’m worried about her.

A picture of the poo will help, don't worry...we're not squeamish!
Also, your location will give us a better idea of the weather you may be dealing with.
I’m in southern Wisconsin so we’ve been dealing with snow here and there and it’s been below freezing so the birds have mostly been kept inside; the floor is sand in the main area and expansion and it’s been kind of muddy-ish and I’m not sure if that’s due to humidity in the coop or the bird poop mixing with it (it’s a bit hard to keep it as clean as I’d like :( though I try my best) and I’ll have to get a picture tomorrow if I can; sometimes it’s been stepped on or otherwise messed up and I only just was able to discern that it was that duck specifically earlier today

A picture of the poo will help, don't worry...we're not squeamish!
Also, your location will give us a better idea of the weather you may be dealing with.

she hasn’t made any that looked like that since Wednesday during the day and that’s why I haven’t gotten any photos— she might have gotten better but if I see it again I’ll add an image!!

Back
Top Bottom