DUCK HOUSE AND PEN need opinions, Please

teachao

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 24, 2009
Savannah Georgia
My father has 6 foot by 6 foot dog pen with a gate. It is about 5 feet tall. It is cyclone fence. He also has an igloo dog house. He said if I dig it up I can have it. Would it work for the ducks? I could dig a place for a small kiddie pool. Also is it better to keep 2, 3, or 4 ducks? I don't what kind they are I hatached them fro eggs I bought on ebay and she said it was an assortmant. I don't know if they are males or females. Some are yellow with yellow beaks some are black with black beaks.

The kiddie pool is a great idea. Thats what I use for my ducks, and they love it. I think the dog pen and igloo sound like they'd work real well. Get them, and give it a shot, I think you will be pleased.
thumbsup.gif

Sounds great .. You might want to run mesh or chicken alongh the bottom few feet of the run for predator protection... and possibly cover to keep things from coming in the top.. Otherwise they should love it . also I would put the Igloo on some pallets or raised up with stones ...,. ducks are messy and you dont waht it getting too wet in there ..Good luck

Heres my set up 10x10x6 I have a kiddie pool and a dog house I am going to put in it later when it cools off right now They wont use it...My pool is on a pallet with a bathtube drain so I just pull the plug and the water runs through a hose under the pool and out the back...I dont have any wire under the cage as I live in the city and dont have anything that could get under it..Plus the cage itself has setted in the sand about 2 inches
Right now I have 5 adults and 6 babies..

19025_019.jpg

Last edited:
It looks good. I like how you have a floor so predators can't dig under the fence to get to the ducks. Do you mind having more ducklings if your ducks happen to get intimate?

Back
Top Bottom