Duck leg band ID opinions needed!

Yeah online classes are what really gave me the time to do whatever! Just bring one in for a little while and hangout for the day! That's always fun too!
Haha one can handle it but the rest freak right out

nibbler likes warming up inside

Attachments

• 20181219_144531.jpg
    20181219_144531.jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 17
Haha one can handle it but the rest freak right out

nibbler likes warming up inside
Nibblers is very cute!!! I found a new website, they engrave all kinds of things for all kinds of pets and lab animals. Kind of sad but alright.
https://nationalband.com/poultry-neck-tags/
I’m thinking about getting the poultry neck band and using a soft stretchy string to secure it around Gil’s neck but obviously not too tight. Do you think this would just fall off and I’d be better putting a cat tag around her leg? Thanks again!!!!!

I feel like a neck band will either fall off or Gil would get hurt trying to take it off or it could get stuck. That’s why I don’t even like putting collars on my cats or horses! I only use break away collars so I would want to do the same for my duck and unfortunately I don’t think they make break away collars for ducks. They’re highly common for horses though!!!

Since your bird is a legit indoor pet and i think from your posts that its a permenent love i would honestly go to a oawn shop, find the cheapest wedding band or some plain ring and get it engraved. cut it and open it then bend it back over her leg! get a huge ring

Or get a key ring that opens in half like i attatched and get a tiny pet tag from petsmart! I think it would be soo cute
Alright, I’m going for it. I’ll order an an engraver and mess around with a diy tag but for now I NEED SOMETHING ON HER!! I’m going for the cat id tag. Just need a key ring that opens in half now. Do you think she’ll have any issues walking with this?

Petsmart has the tags and the computer engraver its like 12$

If she has any issues itll be from the new-ness of it and the jingle sound

And ide watch the skin make sure the skin doesnt react with the metal

Last edited:
Buy a pack of colored zip ties. Should be simple and inexpensive way to mark your birds. For bunches of birds stack the zips in different color combinations. Should be able to find zips in at least 5 colors. Have no idea how many different combinations you can come up with. Much too early for such mental torture. Out of curiosity it would be nice to know, tho, if anyone cares to do the math. For a flock, you might think about keeping a log of who's who.

Buy a pack of colored zip ties. Should be simple and inexpensive way to mark your birds. For bunches of birds stack the zips in different color combinations. Should be able to find zips in at least 5 colors. Have no idea how many different combinations you can come up with. Much too early for such mental torture. Out of curiosity it would be nice to know, tho, if anyone cares to do the math. For a flock, you might think about keeping a log of who's who.

I would do this, but my situation is completely unique! I have a single pet duck that lives indoors with me and travels with me a lot. We go everywhere together and we are always outside. This summer we will spend a lot of time at the lake so I wanted some way to identify her in case she had to fly away from a dog or something chasing her ever... just in case... I am going to try a cat ID collar and a binder/book ring that attaches in half so I can just snap it around her leg when were headed out or while I have her on vacation with me.

Back
Top Bottom