Duck not acting normal, need advice.

Savannah Porter

Hatching
Jun 21, 2017
I am fairly new to raising ducks.
One of my four has recently started acting like she has no energy, trying to quack but no sound comes out, walks with stomach arched up, and loses balance every once in a while.
I have separated her the past 2 days and put niacin in her food. Just not sure if there's anything else I should do. Any advice would be great.
Tried posting a video, but even a 30 second clip won't load because it says it's too large. :/

One of my four has recently started acting like she has no energy, trying to quack but no sound comes out, walks with stomach arched up, and loses balance every once in a while.
I have separated her the past 2 days and put niacin in her food. Just not sure if there's anything else I should do. Any advice would be great.
Tried posting a video, but even a 30 second clip won't load because it says it's too large. :/
I can't help you, but will see if I can "summon" some other folks who know ducks.

@Ravynscroft @WVduckchick

Hmmm... How old is she? What breed? How many other ducks, and are they all acting normally? Is she eating, drinking and pooping? What do you feed them? Could she have gotten injured?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to access the situation a bit more.

I'm pretty sure the only way you can post videos is by uploading on another site and then embed here. You click on the film icon - per the note:

"
You may embed media from the following sites:

Hmmm... How old is she? What breed? How many other ducks, and are they all acting normally? Is she eating, drinking and pooping? What do you feed them? Could she have gotten injured?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to access the situation a bit more.

Hatched late April/early may.
I want to say pekin
3 other ducks
She is eating/drinking/pooping, just not NEARLY as often as the others.
I have them on chick starter/grower feed
And not injured that I can see. They have it pretty easy in the back yard life.

She's the all white one in the back.

Attachments

• 14981478109931572506800.jpg
    14981478109931572506800.jpg
    797.1 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom