Duck not laying eggs

DuCkMomma88

In the Brooder
Aug 12, 2017
My Rouen has lost quite a bit of feathers due to our male, she stopped laying eggs the day after the incident. Could it be due to her growing new feathers? Also we had to separate her from the flock due to the others constantly pecking her and she had an open wound.

How old are they....?

Her name is Maverick and she is about 1.5yrs old and the male we got this spring as a duckling. She laid an egg the night it happened but has not since, she is not happy about her living arrangements as of right now so that could be it I suppose. She has supervised "play time" with the others but they like to pick at her sore and the ointment so she has not been left unattended. We also have a lake so im trying hard to keep her wounds clean and she is less than thrilled with me.

She'll get over it, lol it's probably a good idea to keep her out of the lake because there could be bad bacteria that may affect an open wound.

When a duck has been inured or sick they don't lay because their body is working on healing, the egg she laid at first was probably already in the making.

Thanks for your reassurance, I did find a nest with 4-5 eggs behind the brick house and she is adamant about being outside in the pen.

Back
Top Bottom