Duck Pipped at Wrong End

I don't think she will eat the babies, but she may accidently kill them.

Eating the shell is OK, lots of Protein and calcium. Eating the membrane, she's really trying to get to the baby.

OK, we are going to have to keep an eye on her make sure she doesn't Hurt that baby, is he making all kinds of Noises??

Not that I can see, the shell is cracked open, but the membrane is still unbroken. Is it normal for a duckling to be able to crack the egg, but not damage the membrane?

WAIT, now you have confused me? You said earlier she was eating the shell and the membrane but here you say membrane is unbroken, but you showed me a pic of the external hole at the smaller end?? SO the membrane HAS to be broken in order for him to make that tiny hole..

If I was you I would stay away from Momma and let her do her Thing, will check on them around 4 or 5. No need to stress at what she's doing because I'm just getting conflicting information now. LOL

WAIT, now you have confused me? You said earlier she was eating the shell and the membrane but here you say membrane is unbroken, but you showed me a pic of the external hole at the smaller end?? SO the membrane HAS to be broken in order for him to make that tiny hole..
That is what is so weird! There is a hole in the pic but the membrane is unbroken, she was eating the shell, and attempting to eat the membrane, but i moved the egg under her so she won't see it and then start to eat the membrane.

The membrane has to be broken, there's NO way possible for that baby to break that shell and not the membrane. I just can't see that being the case, I think it maybe a little difficult to see the broken membrane but I can't see it still in tact.

I would just leave her alone, if you keep disturbing her, she's going to accidently step on them or smash them. She's already upset and let you know it earlier so I wouldn't take the risk of continuing to upset her.

The membrane has to be broken, there's NO way possible for that baby to break that shell and not the membrane. I just can't see that being the case, I think it maybe a little difficult to see the broken membrane but I can't see it still in tact.

I would just leave her alone, if you keep disturbing her, she's going to accidently step on them or smash them. She's already upset and let you know it earlier so I wouldn't take the risk of continuing to upset her.
That is really weird, because the visible membrane is the size of my thumb, and no sign of a rip or tear.

Back
Top Bottom