Duck with Bumblefoot (Warning Viewer Discretion Is Advised)

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by DiamondSwan, Dec 15, 2015.

1. DiamondSwan

DiamondSwan Overrun With Chickens

Sep 18, 2015
    Da Swan Pond
    Yes he was, that's why I'm going to spoil him during the 2 weeks I have to take care of him :)

2. DiamondSwan

Sep 18, 2015
    Da Swan Pond
    Igor is doing really good today, he acts as if nothing happened yesterday. I won't be able to take pics of his foot until I have to change his rap tomorrow or the next. I was able to give him his pain meds and antibiotics with some help. I tried the bread thing first, but he wouldn't eat it so we had to shove it down. Since he can't get wet, I'm going to just wipe him down with a wet washcloth like I did this morning. I made him a new waterer because he kept knocking the one he had resulting in me having to change his rap more often:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  3. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Thanks for the update! He looks much perkier.

-Kathy

4. DiamondSwan

Sep 18, 2015
    Da Swan Pond
    Yeah, he is. He's been preening like crazy because the vet people ruffled all of his feathers lol. He's gotta put each feather back into place. :)

5. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    I bet the pain meds make him a little more comfortable, too. I read the report, and it looks like he's getting Meloxicam (meloxidyl)?

-Kathy

6. DiamondSwan

Sep 18, 2015
    Da Swan Pond
    Meloxicam yes, and it smells like grape. It also reduces swelling. I'm suppose to give it to him once a day for a week.

7. DiamondSwan

Sep 18, 2015
    Da Swan Pond
    I updated the vet trip, there's a few things I forgot :)

8. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life Premium Member

@DiamondSwan he looks really good. I can't believe he never tries to come out of that basket on his own, my Opie would be out in a split second running around the house.Igor is a very good boy..

Patti

1 person likes this.
  9. DiamondSwan

Sep 18, 2015
    Da Swan Pond
    Well, there's never been a reason for him to come out. If we let him out, he wants back in his basket lol.

10. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life Premium Member

He's a sweet heart.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by